Chapter - 16

Aditya's POV:

"Shit I am sorry," a voice brought me out of the stance of admiring my body.

"Pihu what are you doing here?" I asked her and wore a T-shirt which was present in my bed.

If this was some other time I would have teased her but I am not in a mood right now. She is flustered and her cheeks are red.

"Actually I brought something for you," she said after regaining her composure.

"For?" I asked her. I was wearing a T-shirt but my lower body part was covered in a towel. I can't change in front of her though I like the thought of it.

Aditya focus my brain scolded me.

"Actually you cracked your first deal and it was really tough. So it's a small token of appreciation," saying she came in front of me.

"It was not needed," I dismissed her gift. I know I am hurting her but here I am getting hurt more.

"It was and in fact, it is just a small gift. Just take Aditya," saying she forwarded my hand and kept the gift in my hand.

I looked between the gift and her. I was debating on what I should do now. I moved my head from left to right and started opening the gift.

"So you and your husband went to take this gift?" I asked her. I don't know why I was interested in their life.

She shifted her weight from one leg to another. She was trying to hide something or maybe searching for a lie. Finally after debating she said "Actually he had some work so he left. I brought it for you."

A smile formed on my lips knowing it was her idea to give me a gift. The wrap opened revealing a pen and a cufflink. The cufflink was round in shape with a diamond in it on its edge and the letter A at the center. A pen was from a luxury brand Mont Blanc and it was from its latest collection.

                                                                (Imagine A instead of R)

"I did not know what you liked so I brought a cufflink. It was cute and you could wear it. As for pen, it is just a way of saying you will crack all the deals in the future too. If you don't like we can surely exchange the cufflink and bring something which you like," she started blabbering. She often does this when she is nervous.

I put my finger on her lips and said "It's perfect." She was looking at my eyes and there were tears in her eyes.

"Thank you for everything Pihu. You were the one to guide me without you this could not be done," I told her honestly. Yes, she was the one who calmed me down and showed me the way out.

"It's not like that. I just helped you the hard work is really yours," she explained to me. This girl is something else. The more I get to know her the more I am attracted to her.

"You are something else Pihu. Still, my success belongs to you for sure," I told her and kept her gift at the table.

"So you still angry?" she asked me innocently. Her innocence is the one thing that I like most about her.

I cleared my throat and said "Pihu I am not angry with you. I am just."

I stopped in the middle of the sentence and said "Let's leave this. It's your life and your decision."

"I think you should get ready for dinner," I tried to change the topic.

"Yeah, I guess. Then I will leave," she said and started to go away.

I pulled her in my arms and said "Thank you so much. This is the first time someone appreciated my efforts."

She did not hug me back. I was just holding her in my arms. I can feel her heartbeat going up and down. I felt bad that she did not hug me back. Maybe I made her uncomfortable?

With that thought I released her from my arms. "Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable," I apologized for my impulse action.

"It's OK Aditya. I was just shocked and you did not make me feel uncomfortable," she explained to me.

"For the gift, I would say you deserved it," she flashed a sweet smile.

"I think I should leave," saying that she left the room in a hurry. She did not wait for my reply or anything.

I was busy admiring my gift when someone knocked on the door. I turned around to see who it was. "Mom, what happened?" I asked her.

"Actually I saw Pihu leaving this room. Why did she come here?" she asked raising her eyebrow and observing me in the towel. Shit, I forgot about the towel completely.

"Oh it was nothing," I told her but she noticed the gift on my hand. "Did she give this to you?" she asked and started looking at the cufflinks.

"Yes," I just gave her a simple reply not explaining the details.

"I think Shlok might have chosen this for you. Finally, they are getting closer," she said excitedly. I was happy to see her happy but her last line hurt a lot.

I wanted to tell her the truth but it was not my place to tell her. "Mom it's nothing like that," I vaguely replied to her.

"No son. I am telling you they are coming closer and soon you will be called chahu(uncle)," she kept the gift on the table.

I was now feeling that she was hurting me deliberately. Like she knew how their closeness affected me.

"Now I will also start searching for a wife for you soon," she held my face in her hands.

"Mom," I tried to get irritated with her. This marriage concept is really out of my scope for me. I don't know why people marry even when they are not happy.

"Mom I will marry whom I think is suitable for me," I explained to her.

"Yeah just like Shlok thought. Stop with this nonsense and see how happy Shlok is after leaving that gold digger," she commented. I snorted at her and the delusional world she was living.

"Mom, did Shlok love someone else?" I asked her as I was not aware of any girlfriend Shlok might have.

"Why we are discussing her? I don't want to spoil my mood talking about it," she replied and removed her hands from my face.

She was ignoring this topic and I don't want to push her buttons further. I will surely find out some other day maybe.

"Ok fine. Let's go you need to get ready for dinner," I informed checking on the time on the wall clock.

With that, she left the room arsing many questions in my mind.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

Do you think Aditya's mother has a doubt?😛