Chapter - 28

Pihu's POV:

Flashback

It has been a few days now since Dad got discharged and since then I have been staying with my parents. We just finished our breakfast and today, Doctor Uncle will visit us with his results.

"Dad no cheating finish your juice," I strictly told him. It has been my routine since Dad moved to the house. We have been constantly monitoring his diet and everything. So it's a constant fight between him and us. So basically I and Mom are the bad people who are torturing him.

"I drank," he showed me the empty glass and kept it on the table. Then the doorbell rang and Uncle came inside. We all greeted him and sat in the drawing room.

"So uncle how is his health now?" I asked the question which was our concern.

"Well, I would like to say you did a good job. His health has improved a lot," he gave an answer which caused us relief.

"How come she did a good job when I am the one doing dieting?" Dad interrupted him in between.

"Yeah, and you did on your own. Like really you want me to believe it?"I know he was mocking him.

"Yeah yeah you also go on and make fun of me," he made a sad face saying that.

"Dad come on don't be sad. It's all you," I went and sat on his lap. I have always had this habit of sitting on his lap every time he is sad.

"See I was angry and sad but my princess saved you otherwise you know I am a good fighter," my Dad explanation made us all laugh.

"Fine I give up," Uncle raised his hand in surrender. Then everyone had a chat and we all retired to our room.

At night Dad knocked at my door and asked "Princess are you asleep?" "No Dad come inside" I indicated that the door was not locked. I got up from my bed and sat on the bed.

"Reading your books on what is that app called?" he tried to think of the name of the app on which I read a book.

"Wattpad Dad," I made him remember the name of the app. "Yeah yeah, Wattpad. But why read it now when you can live that life with your husband," he made me remember how I used to say to everyone that I would be living this romantic life like the books I read. Cut to here I am thinking of divorcing my husband.

"Dad, why are you awake at this time?" I tried to change the topic. "I just wanted to spend some time alone with you before you leave for your home," he explained the reason for him being here.

I laid my head on his lap and he started to massage my hair like he used to do when I couldn't sleep when I was young. "Dad I want you to take care of your health and everything. Don't stress about anything," I told him seriously.

"Promise I will take care of my health. Don't worry now I don't have anything to stress about. Now I know my princess is living with a family that loves her and takes care of her. You have a husband who will be there with you when we leave this world," he told me and my tears started flowing.

"Are what happened princess? Are you not happy there?" he asked suddenly. I wanted to tell him honestly but the voice could not come out.

"Princess?" he asked again. I just got up and hugged him tightly like a koala bear. "Why is my princess crying?" he again repeated his question.

I just shook my head in a no and said "Never talk about death Dad. You both will be here with me all the time." I didn't want to lie to him so I changed the topic.

He laughed and said "But it's not the truth." "I don't care what is the truth or not. You are going to be there with me all the time," I said between my cries.

"Ok, fine I give up. Now will you stop crying?" he asked again. "You know I want you to be happy always. If you are happy then I will be the happiest person alive," he continued.

I wanted to be selfish and tell him the truth. I want to cry on his shoulder and say that I am not happy. I want him to know the truth but I can't. I don't want to stress him out with my problems. If my fake happiness is giving him happiness then so be it. Call me stupid or fool but I will sacrifice my happiness for his happiness.

"I am happy Dad," I finally said after a lot of struggle. "Now come on it's time to sleep. today I will tug you to bed like old times," he then made me sleep on the bed.

After I pretended to be asleep he left from there thinking I slept. When he left I put my face in the pillow to suppress any noise and cried for the whole night. That night was the toughest. That night was when I chose my happiness over my parent's happiness.

At Present

The door opened and I knew it was Aditya who walked in so I turned my head to the opposite side. I am still lying on my stomach and my pillow is wet because of all the tears I have shed. "Pihu I know you are crying," he just randomly started with this conversation.

"Fine I admit I should have not crossed the line," he apologized and I could hear genuineness in his voice. "Can you please stop crying?" he pleaded and I just randomly smiled at his request. I don't know why I smiled in the middle of crying.

"If you want I am holding my ears and saying sorry," he said and I am sure he might be looking cute holding his ears. Shut up Pihu concentrate I scolded myself.

"I even brought chocolates for you," he tried to bribe me and my stupid heart danced.

"You want to punish me you can give another punishment," he came to the side where my face was. I stopped smiling and made a serious face. He sat on both his knees but I turned my face.

"See I am doing situps also," then he begins to count. At first, I thought he was joking or something but turned my head to peak he was holding his ears and doing situps.

He looked so cute that I started smiling. "Smile all you want and make fun of me," Ops I am busted. He caught me smiling, and now I can't even turn away.

"My cardio for today is done I guess. Am I forgiven?" he asked with a cute face. How can this man be so cute? Pihu focus you were angry with him I reminded myself.

"Am I?" he asked again and now who can say no to this face? So I just nodded my head in a yes and he came and sat on the bed. I also got up from the bed and asked "My chocolates?"

"Like really?" he asked but eventually gave me some chocolates. "Pihu these are the clothes you asked for," he extended another bag of clothes.

"Thanks, Aditya," I told him genuinely. Then there was awkward silence, and we didn't know what to say. We just sat and smiled looking all awkward.

I broke the silence by saying "Let me change then we can go back home," I told him and got up from the bed.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

See now I have updated again that's a miracle 😂

Now show a miracle from your side and fill the comment section of this chapter😍

If you don't know what to comment leave your favorite emoji in the comment section❤️