chapter 5

Its been twenty years, as time really waits for no one. A girl was running through the halls at campus while shouting.
"Hurray, I'm finally going to graduate. Hurray.she banters.
"I'm finally going back home and I'll never return here again". She shouts making the other students draw their attention to her. She was in Awe.
How she misses her mother and granny at the jewelry shop, shes finally going to be with them.
Lora came and hug her best friend and they started cheering by their selves on their victory others also joined them in celebrating.
"So Clara, what are you doing after we go back home.?" Lora asks.
"Of course I'll be at my dad's company with Mom and granny. I miss them soo much".clara says.
  "Well then I'll be with you there" lora says.
  Somewhere in a small town...............As always Cassie is selling her vegetables but today its finished quickly so she had to close  for the day. She waves at Pam before setting off home. Whiles she was on her way, she came across a man selling news papers and since she bearly watch tv. She  tries to read news papers daily.she stubble upon the job opportunity as a jewel designer. Since she loves to design then why not try it out?. And since she has to take care of her mother then she better get a well paying job and this might be it. "This is a blessing in disguise". as she says to herself smiling.she looks at the interview date and it seems this upcoming Monday is set. She goes home and looks for her mother Sarah.
"Mom where are you?" Cassie shouts calling for her mom.
"I'm in the garden." she says
" I wanted to tell you that I've gotten a job opportunity this upcoming Monday and I'd like to go since its in the city" she says nervously
" I-in the city? So you're going to be away?" Sarah asks felling scared.
" Yes mom. But i promise I'll be fast and get back home before you even know" Cassie tries to persuade her mom.
"B-but promise to keep yourself safe" Sarah says she still hasn't gotten over her lost baby and shes not ready to lose another one.
"Yes mom i promise. I'll be safe" Cassie assures her.
Cassie understands her mom as she's very scared of living her somewhere she won't be reached. She sometimes she's her mom crying in her room in the dark.
And also she sees her sleepwalking.
She wants to protect and care for her mom at all costs.
Her Mom sometimes mentions a man's name and shouts that it wasn't her who did it but rather that vicious woman' but the moment she wakes and you ask her she'll denail that she said something like that, making her mom have some few sickness.
She starts to make design of jewels while she awaits for her job interview on Monday.
Author's note; i hope I'm on the right path😩.
By lilinae
Published on 22nd February 2024