6.✃𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷✁

She sinks into the water like a broken ship, worn out and tired with no purpose left to serve and nothing left to do. No orders. No violence. No pain.

How utterly disappointing...

Her eyes flutter and blink as her ashen orbs wander and fall onto her cracked and seething reflection.

A blank canvas

Boring and ultimately dull...

That's me, always will be. Never changing..

She let's out a desperate scream only to be muffled and drowned out by the warm ripples of water

What's wrong with me?

Why am I always the failure who fucks everything up... every little thing I do just ruins the little happiness I even have left..

So what's the point?

Distant memories play in the background, blurred lights and sound that she can't make out.

"Come on Sephora! Hurry up or we're gonna miss the fireworks tonight!" Celine drags Sephora's hand through the dimly lit attic, decorated in yellow and orange fairy lights with old but comfortable tents set up to resemble the thrill of being outside.

The attic window, old and dusty, they weren't sure if the hatch to open it still worked anymore but at least they managed to clean up the small cramped space.

"How do you even manage to store stuff up here?" Sephora slightly coughed as she tried to swipe the air of any floating dust particles that might enter her lungs.

"Huh? How would I even know, I'm not the one who puts stuff up here anyway.." Celine was busy trying to open the rusted hatch and started to pry it open.

C: "Uh a little help here!?"

S: "Ughh... I'm trying, I'm trying stop pushing me!"

C: "Not my fault your so slow...."

S: "What was that?"

C: "NOTHING!"

They both laughed and joked together... they were happy and satisfied with what they already had, not worried about anything life had to throw at them.

Unfortunate that some things never last...

The little window creaked open just barely enough to fit both of their heads through as they counted the remaining seconds before the loud crackles and bangs devoured the once pitch black sky.

All of it, is just..

Bright lights and blurred sounds.

Mixed and stirred together.

"I hope... y'know when we get older, that we will have fun every single day and that the sad memories fade away..." Celine smiles slightly before looking back out of the small window.

...

Yeah

"I hope so too"

Sephora pulls her train of thoughts out of her swaying head, lulling to the side in a sleepy manner.

Tick, tick, tick...

The clock plays back and forth in a hypnotising trance.

A playful trick on skilled hands only displaying the numbers 21:35...

I've stayed in here long enough.

Sephora reluctantly pulled herself out of the water as beads of clear crystals drip from the tips of her dark chestnut coloured hair.

She shivers and wails in pain as different shades and colours are littered across her body. Disgusting. She grabs a towel and quickly wraps it around herself, wanting that warmth and comfort to last. To not show her distorted form.

Knock once, then twice.

Sephora felt as if her bones would jump straight out of her skin. "Sephora? Have you finished bathing?" Celine's voice spoke gently through the door.

"Yeah I have... I'll just be a sec" Sephora quickly recovered and dried herself off, she put on a white fluffy gown to cover herself.

She opened the door so that Celine could enter "why are you up showering so late at night?" Sephora's voice slightly trembled but she didn't let Celine notice a thing.

"Actually... there's this new club that opened up in town, and I wanted to go... but not without you I promise!"

...

" Unless you don't want to go?"

Celine's caring demeanour always left her thankful.

"No I'll go with you, of course if you have anything good to lend me... I didn't exactly bring any clothes with me" Sephora's shoulders slightly sag at the memory but she tried to keep a positive atmosphere.

"Don't worry about it becauese when I'm done with you won't even be able to recognise yourself in a mirror!" Celine boasting her skills was amusing to Sephora, much less to anyone else.

Sephora smiled and went to one of Celine's guest room to prepare herself, her bruises still prominent and obvious to anyone seeing them, she quietly signed

I need to hide this, without her getting suspicious..... Celine's helped me all this time.. it's not right to shove all my burdens onto her...

I wonder...

Is this the end?

Can I really have.

True happiness?