EIGHTEEN: Shirts

The wall.

It was so captivating to stare at.

Your eyes stared at one singular brick that was slightly chipped. It was painted white, but you could tell due the faded areas that it was once red.

Your literature teacher was hard at work. She was talking about something, but you had yet to join the conversation. You had been spacing out all morning.

It wasn't her accidentally dropping a book on the ground that caught your attention, but rather, a call from Jungkook. You felt the vibration in your pocket, and when you saw it was him, your eyes grew wide.

He never called you. In fact, he never texted you either. The only reason he had your phone number was due to one scenario that took place the week before:

"I'm going to the store," Jungkook spoke, sliding from his bed. When he noticed your stare, he added, "Did you need anything?"

"Can you get me a new mouse? The one I have over there isn't working too well anymore."

"Alright. Give me your number."

"What?" You choked, flipping over on your side in order to get a full view of the man you were talking to. He reached for his own phone.

"I don't know what mouse you need. I'm not going to waste money on a bad one."

You rolled your eyes as you began saying your number out loud. He punched the numbers in carefully, then you watched him smile as he wrote a contact name.He sent one text message to be sure, then went on his happy way.

Once he was gone, you rolled back over to your phone. You clicked on his text message, then added him as a contact.

I need a contact name for him, you thought.

Jeon Jungkook. Too fancy.

Jungkook. Basic.

STD-Center. Catchy and true.

You typed the name into the phone, then made his icon photo a bunny. It was white in color, and you could only see the top of its head. You liked it and thought it was cute.

An entire hour had passed before you got another text from Jungkook. It was simple:

STD-CENTER: pink or black :-]

You stared at the message. What kind of question was that?

YOU: pink obviously

Jungkook sent a thumbs up, causing you to smile. He might've been dumb, but he was useful at times.

This time, you had to stand up from your chair and exit out the back doors of the room. The eyes of students followed you as you quietly walked up the steps, vibrating phone in hand.

The only positive to college was being allowed to leave class at almost any time.

As you pushed your way out into the hallway, you answered. You were quiet, and began with a soft, "Hello?"

"Y/N! You actually answered!" He laughed. You could imagine his stupid smile over the phone.

"Yeah, and I'm in the middle of class. What do you want?"

"I have an important question."

"So ask it," You sighed, rolling your eyes as you leaned back against the wall. Very faintly, you could hear the sound of your professor.