THIRTEEN: Moonlight

You would've been more distraught if in that very moment if you didn't notice Jungkook in the crowd

You would've been more distraught if in that very moment if you didn't notice Jungkook in the crowd. Admittedly, he was quite tall. He towered over the group of girls that surrounded him, however, his attention wasn't on them. He was speaking with another male while the five females stared at him as if he were a God.

The sight actually made you laugh.

After standing around at the outer edges of the crowd for a few seconds, you decided to look for somewhere quieter. There was a staircase in the distance, but to get to it, you would've had to fight your way through the crowd.

Another option was the bathroom, but right as you looked over at it, a couple busted the door open with their bodies as they sloppily entered. You stopped yourself from gagging.

Your last and only option was to walk around the house. It didn't appear big from the outside, but on the inside, it was huge. You walked down a hallway, and the music slowly became quieter. There were several doors on either sides of the wall, but you couldn't bring yourself just to open any of the doors. Besides, it wasn't your house.

You turned a corner, then came eye to eye with a sliding door. The moonlight casted a dim ring around the rim of the door. You reached out and slid the door open, immediately being hit by cool air.

You took a deep breath as you quietly shut the door behind you. When you looked to the side, you noticed an outdoor seating area. It didn't take long for you to sit down and make yourself comfortable. You still had your cup in your hand, and you drank it every so often.

Although you were outside, you could still hear the chaotic environment inside the house. The wooden boards of the patio vibrated with the music, and you could audibly hear whenever the crowd got louder.

When the door suddenly slid open, you nearly dropped your cup. A leg appeared first, then a body.

It was Jungkook.

"I knew you'd be out here," He laughed, shutting the door behind him. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion as he stuffed his hand in his pocket.

"How'd you know?" You asked curiously.

He chuckled, "I watched you walk out here. I saw you inside earlier."

You nodded, then focused your gaze back on the moon. Jungkook took a seat next to you, leaving no space to yourself. His sleeve grazed against yours.

In the past two weeks—almost three— you've grown to have a lot of feelings about Jungkook. He was a douchebag, but you couldn't prove that.

He was a playboy, but he wasn't rude.

God, he was confusing for you to understand.

Especially now, as you sat basking in the moonlight, taking in the comfortable silence of the night. In your peripheral, you watched as he lifted his cup to his lips, then took a sip.