TWELVE: Accepting

"Wait, where do I go again?"

"Your gmail, Y/N. Hurry!"

You rushed onto your laptop and opened Google. Yeji had been nagging you all morning about the fact that Erin Phi Delta acceptance letters were being sent out soon. Now, according to her words, you would find out whether or not you got accepted in around five minutes.

"Whatever you do, don't stop refreshing," Yeji said. Over the phone, you could hear the continuous tapping of her finger on her keyboard. It made you laugh.

"It's not like were buying concert tickets," You reminded her. You refreshed your screen once before comfortably sitting back.

Erin Phi Delta was all your friend seemed to talk about nowadays. Her roommate, Honoka, knew a lot about the sorority due to an old friend.

It sounded fun and all, and you would've been happy to get accepted. But even if you didn't, it wouldn't have bothered you. You would've continued to live your normal life.

Yeji began to countdown, resembling that of an atomic bomb. You began to slowly press reload, and when you noticed a new e-mail appear, your heart dropped.

Your friend processed it faster than you. Over the phone, she let out a blood curdling scream before yelling,

"I GOT ACCEPTEDDDDDD!"

Your eyes scanned over the headline of the e-mail: Congrats! You have been accepted into Erin Phi Delta.

Even you couldn't help but smile as your friend frantically read the letter out loud. Your eyes followed along with her voice as she squealed each word out.

"In order to celebrate your acceptance, we will be holding a party tonight at [XXXX-XXXX]," Yeji said, erupting into squeals at the end of her sentence.

Your eyes grew wide at the sound of this. You hated parties. You didn't like the crowded spaces, you didn't like the music, and you especially didn't like the people. You skipped every class party as a kid, and when you grew older, you declined the group offerings to go to the club. Parties just weren't your thing.

The letter went on to explain that not only would it be the first Erin Phi Delta hosted event of the year, but it would also be a welcoming party for all the students on campus. This meant that there would be more than just a handful of people there.

Reading that make you sick to your stomach.

"It's tonight, Y/N! Oh my God, what am I going to wear?" Yeji heaved. You could hear her rushing around over the phone.

You stifled a nervous laugh. "Yeji, are we really going to go? I mean, it's just a stupid party-"

"Yes, we're going." The way she said her words made it sound like she was the devil. You sighed and leaned back into your pillow, looking at Jungkooks imprint on his bed. He had left early that morning to God knows where.