1: Rebirth and Confrontation

[Y/N POV]
It was late and everything around me was silent.

I haven't gone to sleep, I've been working on a cold case my dad gave me a few days ago. He knew I liked cold cases, and I was good at them too. Solving all of the previous ones he had given me, this one was no different.

"Hatanaka Yukio" I snicker at his name.
How ironic. His name means "Joyus Hero", yet he most definitely killed that poor girl.
Well at least he is already in prison for other crimes, but it wouldn't hurt to add to his sentence.

I hear a faint buzzing, so I look at the time.
7:05

"Well, that is most definitely his alarm." I say as I get up from my spot and walk over to my brother's room. God for an honor student he sure likes to ignore his alarm.

I open his door and go to shake him awake

"Light..." no response
"Light..." no response, this dude-

I get close to his ear and yell
"LIGHT!" and up he goes

"Jesus- what the hell [Y/N]?" he responds still mostly asleep

"Your alarm is annoying"

"You say that every day"

"Because every day, your alarm is annoying. Now get up we have school"

"Okay, I'm up..."

As I walk out of his room I walk over to our little sister's room to wake her up as well.

I knock gently as I say
"Sayu, we have school" I look in and see that she was already up, probably from me waking Light

"Thanks [Y/N], but I already know." she responds

I go back to my room to change and get ready. I take out my shirt, pants, and cardigan, but before I can change I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in" I yell

"Hey [Y/N], I just wanted to make sure you were up" I hear my dad say

"Oh wait, dad, here's some things I was able to piece together about that case you were talking about Saturday." I say as I hand him the files.

"Wow, did you even get any sleep? This case was a pretty complex one." He questions, he hates when I do this. I throw myself into a case and won't do anything until I have all my questions answered.

"Complex, yes! Hard, no." I reply as I button up my shirt, and put on my cardigan

"Alright, I'll take it to the director and see what we can do. But promise me you won't do that again" He says in the most dad voice ever

"Okay I promise to not stay up all night to work on a case... "

"on a school night" I say, I hear him sigh as I do.

"I'll take it, have a good day [Y/N]" He says as he closes my door

My dad likes to test me, he hopes to guide my way into becoming a police officer like him. He knows that I'm smart, that I have a knack for detective work too and he wishes I used my intelligence in school more, but he understands that I'm not like Light. He's a genius on paper, and I'm a genius in theory.

That's why Light gets to got into the station and work with my dad and I'm stuck searching on the internet for clues and evidence that could've been missed. Not like it ever does any good though.

[Timeskip- school]
Light and I have most of our classes together, but never talk during school. The only classes we have separate are our 5th and last period. Not like it matters much, we both just wait until the bell, the only difference is that Light is popular. Probably because he talks with people, I just listen to music and read whatever I can find.