7: Confession & Friend

[[Y/N] POV] [3:26 A.M]
UKN: Please come to *this location* at your earliest convenience. Notify me 10 minutes before you arrive.

No specific time? Weird.

God, L never gets less confusing.

I get up and put on my sweater and a shoe, I don't bother to change much else, it's late so nobody will care much about how I look.

I look to Light's door as I walk out and he's still home. I walk over to Sayu's and gently open her door to see her still asleep.

Mom is most definitely still asleep, so I'll be able to leave without being noticed, even with this clunky boot.

I make my way to the train station, I send L a text letting him know that I'm on my way.

*ding*
UKN: Notify me when you are 10 minutes away.

He's in a mood today, I mean he's been in a twist since the Sakura TV incident. Whatever, I'll just let him know when I arrive and then wait 10 minutes.

...
It doesn't take long for me to get to the address, but I'm surprised. It's not a hotel, it's a love hotel. Amazing, now I'm not even allowed to be in the same building as H.Q.

I keep my distance and text him that I'm "10 minutes out"

UKN: Go into the hotel and wait for a phone call from a different number.

And he read me like a book. Figures, I'll just do as he says since he's being so pissy now

Not even 5 seconds go by before I get a call.

"Hey, I'm at the place. Are you close by?"

"Please walk around to the stop sign across, I'll be talking you to meet Ryuzaki."

"Alright, yeah sounds good. I'm coming around."

God, so complex; he doesn't trust me to get to the real hotel on my own?  I knock on the door before trying to enter. The window rolls down and Watari tells me to get in. I open the door and he drives off. It too early for me to be doing all of this boring shit. I lean back, and just close my eyes. But before I can get even a second of rest-

*ding*

UKN: This is the last test before you join the task force. Be prepared.

Oh...

OH!
Well this has gotten a whole lot more exciting. And here I thought I was getting another boot.

[Time-skip] [5:02 A.M]
It feels like it took an eternity, but I finally get to the hotel room with Watari. He's been by me the whole time, parked the car and everything. He never does that, but this is serious so I guess I can understand.

As soon as I walk into the room I hear, "[Y/N]."

God, I hate him.

"L." But fuck if this isn't fun.

"Kira has sent another video, as well as a journal. I want your opinion before we get Light's"

"Yeah, sure. But don't you mean Ditto Kira? You don't actually believe those videos are from the real deal, right?" I feel like I just fucked up as I said that. It makes no sense though, is he trying to gaslight me right now?