4: Encounter

[Y/N POV]
I'm kind of getting used to the cameras, I mean it's a bit weird that they are in the bathroom and that I have to change in front of them.

But I guess L wants to leave no stone unturned...

Although I'm curious about how he convinced dad to put up the cameras.

I finish changing, I walk out of my room, I go downstairs to get my shoes...

But before I do I look over at Light's door.

And he's not home

I've noticed that has started to become a habit of mine, every time I pass his door I check for the paper and door handle.

And every time it's there, I feel relieved as if my twin brother isn't a suspect in my investigation.

I am curious as to where he is, but it's the same type of curiosity as wanting to know why the sky is blue.

It's something I could answer, but don't care enough to answer.

"Hey mom, I'm going for a walk to get some chips. I'll be back in like half an hour" I yell out as I put on my shoes

"Okay honey, remember just be home before dinner, you and Light have those entrance exams soon." She yells back

I lied, I didn't actually want chips, I just wanted to clear my brain before tomorrow I do this a lot. I tell my mom I'm doing something, but I'm just walking around the block a few times in reality.

Nothing bad, just not truthful.

As I start to walk for a bit I see Light on his way home.

"HEY LIGHTY" I yell out to him, although I would much rather be walking alone, it would be suspicious of me to not wave him over.

Light hears and walks over to me, and once he got into earshot he replied
"You don't need to yell so loud you know, we have neighbors"

"Well I guess they'll have to deal with it then" I joke around

Light and I walk around for a good 15-20 minutes, just talking about normal siblings and high school stuff. The whole time I kept looking back, I felt like someone was following us, but I couldn't see anyone. I could tell Light noticed my constant looking back, but he stayed silent about it, he turned a blind eye.

He never turns a blind eye.
Not without reason.

[L POV]
As Yagami and I watch over the cameras in his house, he starts to go on about how nobody in his family could be Kira, how impossible it was for any of them to know the criminals who died.

"-Shouldn't that resolve any doubts you have?" Yagami questions

But that's the thing, he doesn't need to know.

"You may be right. Even though Kira can control the time of death, I don't think there's any way he could've arranged their deaths without having seen the broadcast first."

All Kira needs is a name and a face, there are several ways that Kira could have learned their names and faces with only a small handful being obvious to a detective's eye. My train of thought gets cut off by the cameras, which I quickly turn my attention to.

"Hmm? It appears that your sons have come home together." I point out, a bit odd if [Y/N] suspects Light of being Kira. But even odder when you consider the fact that he and Light left the house at different times.

On the cameras we see each of them go to their room, both locking the door.

Normal teenage behavior, but can be cause for suspicion in a case such as this.