Chapter 6 - Panic Attacks

I was in a good mood today. Maybe it was because this weekend was the best weekend I've had for some time or that I heard Blake won't be at school today. Either way I dressed in a pair of light blue jeans and a flowy crop black blouse.

I rushed out the door ignoring my hungover mom on the couch calling for me and drove to school. The windows were down letting the cool morning breeze run through my new hair-do. I slipped on a pair of sun glasses and parked my car.

I pulled my bag over my shoulders and ran up the steps into the school. People noticed me right away. Probably because I was the only person with pink hair.

Music blasted in my ear buds and I mouthed the lyrics of the upbeat song. I opened my locker and switched out my books. I closed my locker when I ran into someone's chest. I looked up seeing Dominic with an amused smirk on his face.

"Someone's in a good mood." He chuckled. I smiled shyly brushing some of my hair behind my ear stepping away to create some distance between us. "Can we talk real quick?" He asked.

I nodded my head and followed him outside to the lunch tables. We sat down at the table and I was feeling glad for the public area he chose and the distance that was between us.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I wanted to apologize,"

"For what?" I frowned.

"For two things. For cornering you at the garden shed. What I did was extremely uncalled for and inappropriate." He said.

"Oh. Thank you."

"And two I did hear you apologize that night. I was just teasing you," He smirked.

I blushed heavily from embarrassment and glared at him. "You're a jerk," I huffed with a smile. "And I want you to know your sister is amazing and I don't deserve her as a friend, but you don't have to worry about me using her for her money. I've been trying to pay her back and she won't take the money."

"I know she is amazing. I see your twinning now. Cute."

"It was her idea." I began to play with a strand of hair. Then it dawned on me. Why as he suddenly being nice to me. "She... She didn't tell you anything about me did she?" I asked.

He thought for a moment. "Uh all she told me was about how much fun you had and your spa trip. Then the new friend you're making plans with. Then nothing else. Why?"

"I was just wondering is all. Is Giselle here today? I texted her." I asked.

"She's at the dentist right now so she probably just can't answer. You can stick by me for the time being. Where's your first class?"

"Oh I have a meeting at the office this morning." I quickly responded.

"Cool. I'll walk you we still have time to walk around though. Come on." He said standing up.

I grabbed my books and followed after him. He snatched my books from my arms. I muttered a small 'thank you' and walked beside him. People gave us weird looks whispering to one another.

"She moved on already?"

"You think she'd put out for me?"

"Keep your boyfriend away from her. She's probably a homewrecker."

"I heard she tried hitting on Blake's dad."

"No way really?"

Don't let it get to you. Ignore them the best you can. "Can we stop at my... well our locker?" Dom asked.