Chapter 3 - Apology

"How is your work going?" Aunty Lisa asked me.

I looked up at her from my work, my hair slipping from behind my ear into my face. It has slowly become my shield from the world. "I'm having trouble paying attention," I sighed. "I keep blanking out."

"Why don't you take a break?"

I nodded my head in agreement and laid back on the couch she had in her office. A few minutes passed as I stared at the ceiling. Choosing which dots make what shape. Then I drifted.

"Daisy," A voice whispered.

I groaned and pushed away the air in the direction the voice came from. "Daisy wake up,"

I shakily sat up my head still droopy. I glared at the wall in front of me as though it were the one to wake me from the nicest sleep I've had in a while.

I turned my head and noticed Aunt Lisa smiling at me warmly. "My next student is here and school is over now. Why don't you head home?"

"C-can I go home with you tonight?" I asked.

Taken aback she pressed her lips into a thin line. "Sorry hun your mom would kill us both if she found out you stayed the night at my place. I'll see what I can do, but promises."

"Don't worry about it. Mom probably left another mess for me to clean anyways." I sighed.

"Daisy..." She tried calling to me as I shut her door.

Her next student noticed me leave and we made eye contact for a few seconds before I pulled my hood over my head exiting from the office. He raised a brow before entering her office.

I hastily quickened my steps towards the front door. Then I froze. Blake and my old friends littered the front steps of the school. My car was towards the back lot too. I fidgeted slowly sinking back into the school so they wouldn't see me through the windows.

"Hey Daisy!"

I yelped jumping away from Giselle who stared at me in amusement. "O-oh it's you. S-sorry. What are you still doing here?" I asked.

"Oh our buddy Luis is in a meeting with the counselor about his grades." She snorted. "We were supposed to go get food and go to the park, but were now waiting for his sorry ass. Oh wait- I have a great idea! You should come with us!" She bounced excitedly.

"Oh... wow... that is super nice of you, but I-I should probably get home," I said quietly hoping the group outside didn't hear me or sense me with their spidey senses.

"Oh come on! Look it would be so nice to have another girl around. We used to have another girl in our group, but she moved away. It's just me, Dominic, Iker, and Luis. Please, please, please, it will be so much fun." Her eyes sparkled like an anime character.

I should know. All I've been doing is binging anime shows. I used to judge people for watching it and now look at me. I sighed not wanting to go out there alone so I agreed.

"Yay! I'll ride with you so I don't have to be in the stinky boy car." She scrunched her face is disgust.

She grabbed my hand not noticing my tension. We bolted out the front door and past my old group. We were too quick for them to react and we hopped into my car. Giselle directed me to the pizza place and we exited the lot. The air finally reached my lungs when we were out of view.

————

"Hmm what sounds good?" Giselle muttered.

"Giselle were holding up the line and you already ordered two pizzas." I tried to reason.