eleven

"Blake?" I'm pulled from dosing off.

"Hmm?"

"Can we finish the conversation we were having before Trevor walked in?" He asks desperately, but politely.

"Yeah. I truly would love to play hockey again. I'd love to write too. I'm just scared of playing hockey. The last time I played I got severely injured. It made me not want to play again. How my team treated me after I got hurt was awful, especially my coach." I explain, remembering the accident. It was horrific for me because I was so young.

"Can I ask what happened?" He asks now curious.

"Another player got into a fight with me and broke my jaw. It took me a while to recover, and the recovery was really hard to go through. I was scared to go back on the ice after that." I tell him and he sits up, and gets closer to me. "I was a really good player though. One of the best. I was treated so great until my injury."

"I'm so sorry Blake. I'm sorry I even brought it back up. You didn't deserve that."

"It's okay, you have a right to know. I'm just glad I finally got that off my chest. I've not talked about it to anyone except for my family." I tell him and he wraps his arms around me.

I felt like I really needed that hug in that moment. It felt like nothing else mattered.

"I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to tell me. Just know, I'll forever keep this between us. I would really love for you to stay in Jersey though. I'd love to have you here." He genuinely says causing there to be butterflies all in my stomach.

"I just don't get why though."

"Because you are one person that makes me happy. It's like when you're around everything is better. Nothing else matters when you're here, only you. I hate when you have to go back to Seattle by yourself. I know you have your friends and all."

My heart felt like it was in my stomach. I was feelings all the feels right now and I wasn't sure how to process it.

"Jack shut up." I shush him.

"Wait, why? I'm sorry, I just-"

I cut him off once again. "I'm going to kiss you, and you're going to shush." I chuckle and he nods his head.

The two of us lean in and I place my lips on his. It's like our lips were meant for each other because they fit like puzzle pieces.

Before it got any deeper, I pulled away. "I-I'm sorry. Was that too much?" I stutter, obviously nervous.

"Absolutely not, that was pretty bold." Jack laughs grabbing ahold of my hand. "I do truly care for you, and I want you in my life a lot more than just a few days."

"I care a lot for you too Jack. Can I think about it for a little though?" I ask still trying to process what actually happened in this moment.

"Well obviously, I wouldn't expect you to just say yes right away."

"I'll let you know before I leave. A real answer. I do think you should get some rest." I suggest looking into his tired eyes.

"I'm going to shower first, then I will." I nod to his answer as he soon disappears from the couch.

I start to doze off once again, feeling a little sleepy myself. I felt like the day was never going to end. It wasn't a great day but it was better now it felt like. Maybe not for Jack but for me. I know what he feels and I think I know how I feel. I don't have to overthink it, even if I am right now.

Jack is the one, I just know it. I just don't know what I should do. I'm supposed to go back to Seattle, then go to a game I promised to go to for Vince. I'm not even sure what to say to the poor guy. The best I can do is be honest, instead of digging myself a hole.

"Hey, you can get a shower too if you want. Im done." He walks out from the bathroom in only sweatpants and I couldn't help but stare.

"Uhm yeah!" I get up from my spot, grabbing my clothes and heading into the bathroom. There was already a towel and washcloth ready for me chasing me to smile.

I quickly make it into the shower, and hurry to get out. I put my sweatpants and a tank top on that Trevor packed for me and put my hair up. I brush my teeth and go to wherever Jack was, which is his room. He was just laying on his bed, scrolling through his phone.

"I'm going to get some sleep. Do you need anything before I do?" I ask.

"No, I'm good thank you!" He says looking up from his phone.

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight Jack." I smile about to walk away but he says something.

"You can lay with me, I don't want you sleeping on the couch. It's most definitely not comfortable." I turn around to see him making space for me.

"I see what you're doing Jack. You just want me because Im great to cuddle with." I joke sliding myself under the covers.

"Maybe, you'll never know." He shrugs causing me to laugh.

"I'm serious, get some rest. We have the whole day tomorrow." I tell him.

"Alright alright. Goodnight Zegras."

"Goodnight Hughes." I smile to myself turning myself away from him, then feeling his arms wrap around my waist. I put my arms over his, enjoying the moment before the both of us fall fast asleep.

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

A/n 🫂:

double date again!!

absolutely loving the outdoor hockey game rn. wishing i was there.

also i'm feeling good about jack and blake. i'm trying not to rush it as much!