eight

"What the fuck?" I hear a yell and I jolt myself awake, ripping myself from what I assume is Jack's arm.

Trevor.

"Man, don't start." I say rubbing my eyes. "We didn't do anything, I didn't want him sleeping on the couch." I add and Jack was now wide awake just like me.

"Mhm, sure. You're never living this down Jacky boy." Trevor shakes his head laughing.

What the hell?

"Wait, so you're not mad?" I asked confused.

"Dude, this man has had a crush on your ass for so long, it was bound to happen eventually."

"Get out." Jack rubs his face out of sheer embarrassment.

"Nothing even happened dumb ass." I say now annoyed. "Out." I point and he leaves, laughing his ass off.

I look over to see Jack staring at me and I rub my forehead, processing what was just said.

"If it helps any, what he said was true." He interrupts causing cartwheels to happen in my stomach.

"I'm still processing." I say as I hear a chuckle come from his mouth.

"You process that. How are you feeling?" He asks causing me to remember what happened last night.

"Definitely a huge headache, but other than that, I'm perfect." I lay back putting a thumbs up.

"That's good." He dryly say leaning back with me.

"Excited for tonight?" I ask, now looking at him.

"I guess so." he sighs.

"What do you mean by "I guess so", you've got to be at least somewhat excited. You are playing your best friend after all." I point out but he just doesn't look happy.

"True."

"Plus you'll have me watching and cheering you on." I try cheering him up which seemed to work.

"Better be rooting for me."

"We will see." I furrow my brows making the boy laugh. "Let's get ready for the day Jacky." I get up, looking through my drawers to find pants but I couldn't find them anywhere.

"Here." I turn around to see Jack holding a pair of my sweatpants.

"Snooper." I snag them from his hands and put them on as he politely looks away causing my cheeks to heat up, once again.

"They were literally on the vanity. You just can't see."

"Alright jokester, your turn to get out." I say trying to get this room straightened up.

"You're lucky I have to go get ready and warm up at the arena." He says about to leave but I stop him.

"Wait, just incase I don't see you before the game. Good luck Rowdy." I smile, hugging him tight and his hands snake around my waist causing me to have the same feeling in my stomach like last night. I didn't want to pull away from this hug, I wanted to stay like this for a little while longer but he notices and I hear that adorable laugh come from his mouth.

"You're going to have to let me go sometime today B."

"What if I don't want to?" I pout and he pulls away, now placing both of his hands on my cheeks.

"Then I won't be able to beat your brother." There's the butterflies in my stomach again. Those eyes, I could get lost in forever. This boy, he's doing something to me that I'm questionable about.

"Fine. Go on then." I frown, pulling his hands away from my cheeks. "But still, good luck tonight. I'll see you after."

"I'll see you tonight B. Thank you." He says giving my hand a squeeze before he leaves.

Soon after that encounter Trevor knocks on my door.

"You're already half way in my room, just get in here." I sigh already knowing I'm most likely getting lectured.

"Just wanted to let you know I'm heading out to practice before the game, you're still coming right?" He asks almost in a mumble at the end.

"Of course I'm coming Trev. Why wouldn't I?" I ask clearly confused. "I always come to your games when you ask, I always will."

"I just didn't know if you were like actually mad at me from last night and this morning." I stop him before he continues to talk and I hug him.

"Trevor, I could never be mad at you. Annoyed, yes but that will never ever stop me from coming to your games. I'll always be there when you want me to be. I know how much it means to you. You did the same for me when I played hockey when I was younger."

"I wish you never quit playing hockey. You were so good. I hate that you never tell anyone either." He says taking the topic off him.

"It's just something I'm not ready for I guess, but don't make this about me, tonight is about you." I pinch his cheek.

"And Jack, I already know you have his jersey." He laughs, pointing to my bag.

"I'll root for you too. I'm always rooting for you." I laugh along back.

"I think you two would be great together B and I really mean that." he tells me placing his hand on my shoulder.

"You think so?" I genuinely ask.

"I know so." He says cracking a smile.

"I'll think about it, now get going." I push him out of my room.

"See you later, love ya."

"Love ya back. Be safe please."

"You too." He says leaving.

I take a seat on my bed and start getting lost in my mind again. I really would love to give Jack a chance. It's just relationships are a scary thing for me. I do need to be more trusting. That's always an issue for me. Maybe after the game I'll talk to him, it won't hurt right?

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

A/n 🫂:

ahh!! i love this chapter. also, the krakens and devils verse each other right now and im so nervous.