𝐯𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐬 - 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐡 𝐜.

TROPES: crack, piningUNIVERSE: canon-divergentPAIRING(S): book!annabeth x gn!monster!readerWARNING(S): swearing, can be read as platonic, reader has sharp teethREQUEST?: yes — pjo asker anon

UNIVERSE: canon-divergent
PAIRING(S): book!annabeth x gn!monster!reader
WARNING(S): swearing, can be read as platonic, reader has sharp teeth
REQUEST?: yes — pjo asker anon

TROPES: crack, piningUNIVERSE: canon-divergentPAIRING(S): book!annabeth x gn!monster!readerWARNING(S): swearing, can be read as platonic, reader has sharp teethREQUEST?: yes — pjo asker anon

IT WAS NEARING the end of the day when Annabeth looked out her classroom window.

She's grown accustomed to the sight of monsters whenever she was simply attending to daily tasks, but the sight of a monster laying under a tree comfortably wasn't one of them.

Normally she would pay no more attention than needed to the monster as school was about to end and she could easily take care of it, but this was around the third time she's seen this specific monster.

How could she tell?

Well, when she looked away from the window and continued to scribble down some more math equations into her notebook and looked back, it seemed that there was only another student on their break period.

A very familiar student, that she's seen a multitude of times. Like sitting outside an ice cream parlor, petting a nearby stray cat, and very ominously sitting on a swing set late at night in a park.

Monsters didn't have the ability to change their appearances that the mist showed, so it was obvious that it was the same monster.

Annabeth impatiently tapped her pencil against the desk in thought, wanting the day to end already so she can go deal with the monster outside. Her thoughts were no longer preoccupied on how to solve the equations on the board, but why the monster was behaving the way it was.

Usually monsters didn't have the intellect to bide their time or have any regards to the nearby surroundings, so why was this one just sitting there?

It could possibly be that they did in fact have the brains to observe her every move and study her, but then why would they choose to attack her in an extremely public setting?

Thinking about it just asked more questions than answered, which isn't what she wanted at all.

Silently sighing to herself, she just continues to try and solve the written problems in front of her as a means to distract her mind.