𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 - 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐣.

TROPES: childhood friends to lovers, angstUNIVERSE: canon-ishPAIRING(S): percy jackson x gn!readerWARNING(S): reader is slightly suicidal, graphic depictions of violenceREQUEST?: yes — by beloved pjo asker anon

UNIVERSE: canon-ish
PAIRING(S): percy jackson x gn!reader
WARNING(S): reader is slightly suicidal, graphic depictions of violence
REQUEST?: yes — by beloved pjo asker anon

TROPES: childhood friends to lovers, angstUNIVERSE: canon-ishPAIRING(S): percy jackson x gn!readerWARNING(S): reader is slightly suicidal, graphic depictions of violenceREQUEST?: yes — by beloved pjo asker anon

"What a Pity to Behold,"

A MONSTER ON the lose in Camp Half-Blood was never untold before, but this time was different.

Black wings adorned its back contrasted by it's scaly skin and forked tongue, and wide eyes searching the area as its long claws dug into the Earth. It appeared to be humanoid — well, as humanoid as an eight foot tall monster could get.

The campers were in panic, Chiron shooting arrows at it while the Aphrodite kids were dragging the children of Hypnos out of their cabin as to not get crushed. The Hephaestus kids dragged out the weaponry they could manage to get their hands on and loaded them and the Athena kids were desperately searching on what myth this creature appeared in.

Percy was in his pajamas when this all happened.

Running out of his cabins door with Riptide in hand, he had not expected the monster to look directly at him and open its mouth as if it's ready to devour him specifically. It turned its large body around to look at him.

"Rest Now, Tormented Soul."

Realizing that of course, this unknown monster would want to target him specifically he ran towards the water in hopes that this was one of the dumb ones who didn't know fully who he was.

Looking behind him for a brief moment he saw that the monster wasn't running after him, just walking as if it had all the time in the world. He took cautious steps back and observed its figure and its large wings, scaly skin and outstretched hand.

"If you want to be a knock-off zombie, at least try to make yourself look like one," Percy taunted, making the monster pause and close its outstretched hand as if observing its own talons.