𝐧𝐨 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 - 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐣.

TROPES: hurt/comfort UNIVERSE: canon-ishPAIRING(S): percy jackson x gn!readerWARNING(S): set after pjo and before hoo, talks of trauma, PTSD, and deathREQUEST?: yes — by beloved pjo asker anon

UNIVERSE: canon-ish
PAIRING(S): percy jackson x gn!reader
WARNING(S): set after pjo and before hoo, talks of trauma, PTSD, and death
REQUEST?: yes — by beloved pjo asker anon

TROPES: hurt/comfort UNIVERSE: canon-ishPAIRING(S): percy jackson x gn!readerWARNING(S): set after pjo and before hoo, talks of trauma, PTSD, and deathREQUEST?: yes — by beloved pjo asker anon

"NO," PERCY DEADPANS, looking Rachel. "I refuse to believe that this prophecy is about me and Y/N. Absolutely not, the gods have fucked up my life enough - I am not allowing it to happen, again."

"Percy, my prophecy's haven't failed to be true," Rachel replies, feeling remorse for the boy in front of her.

"No, see, remember? Remember the prophecy where you thought it was me who was the hero but it was actually," Percy swallowed hard to mention his former friend, "Luke.

"Maybe it'll happen but it still doesn't mean it applies to me and Y/N."

"Percy the fates are inescapable. You can't cheat them, you can't trick them, you can't escape them," Rachel sternly tell before speaking a tired and small, "Sorry."

"No, it's well- not okay, but it's not your fault," he sighed, burying his head in his hands. "I better find Y/N soon," he muttered, shoving his hands into his pockets and walking out of the cave.

It was supposed to be just a fun, small, 3-day trip to camp due to it being spring break for him. But that turned out to be just another time where he was forced into serving the gods with zero thanks.

By the time Percy was informed of his fate, he didn't have enough time to cope during his trip and was picked up by his mom, Paul, and you later that day.

"Percy! How was camp?" you smiled at the boy walking towards the three of you, running up to him and giving him a hug.

"It was alright," he said blankly, continuing his walk to the car.

That made you pause - and not just because of the blank remark.

But because he didn't hug you back.

You shot a worried look towards his parents automatically knowing something was off.

Paul was driving while Sally was sat in front so it was just you and Percy sitting in the back together. Normally, the car would be full of chatter with Percy rambling about whatever happened at camp while he was there while holding your hand.