𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 - 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐨 𝐝𝐢 𝐚.

TROPES: mutual pining, only one bed, fluff, crack-ishUNIVERSE: canon divergentPAIRING(S): nico di angelo x gn!readerWARNING(S): mentions of injuries, takes place after the giant war, i slipped an incorrect quote in here for funsies, also because i...

UNIVERSE: canon divergent
PAIRING(S): nico di angelo x gn!reader
WARNING(S): mentions of injuries, takes place after the giant war, i slipped an incorrect quote in here for funsies, also because im slightly high
REQUEST?: yes

TROPES: mutual pining, only one bed, fluff, crack-ishUNIVERSE: canon divergentPAIRING(S): nico di angelo x gn!readerWARNING(S): mentions of injuries, takes place after the giant war, i slipped an incorrect quote in here for funsies, also because i...

THE INFIRMARY WAS bound to be filled to the brim after today's events. Even with the help of the Roman Apollo kids, it was still practically double the amount of kids injured making them bring out mattresses for all of them to be taken care of.

You were one of the many kids to get hurt during the battle, a gash on your thigh along with minor cuts and scrapes was bound to get you landed there. It was unfortunate that you ended up on the mattress on the ground but you understood.

There were others in deeper trouble.

Something you were glad that happened is that your mattress was the one closest to the window with only one bed next to you, and on that bed is someone you'd like to call you're friend. However, you're unsure if he would dub you the same.

Nico di Angelo — son of Hades. From what you understood, he had known of the existence of both the Greeks and Romans, yet chose to not let them know of each other. That was one of the many things you admired about him.

The way he always manages to show up in just enough time and helps turn the tide in his favor, or the way he was able to bare the fact that he was treated as an outcast just for his parent and not make the rumors true. He was someone who you truly respected.

Nothing more. Nothing less. Totally.

Nico was laying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. He was instructed by Will to sleep but couldn't find it in himself to close his eyes for more than two minutes. He kept on glancing towards your figure laying soundlessly on the mattress on the ground.

You were one of the only ones to still smile at him whenever he passed by after the Titan War glory wore off. You were one of the only ones to not actively avoid him. One of the ones that didn't send weary glances in his direction. You were someone who he truly respected.

Nothing more. Nothing less. Totally.

As the hour's drifted past with nothing but murmurs and grunts filling the room Nico had drifted off to sleep along with it.

However, when he slept you awoke. Flashbacks from the past events and wars coming to haunt your dreams. Looking up only to see Nico's back, only then do you make your move.

 Looking up only to see Nico's back, only then do you make your move

AS NICO BLINKED himself awake, he felt another presence in the bed. His hair was being played with was all he knew of, but it wasn't a feeling he was opposed to. Tempted to relax once again, he fought off the urge and turned to face the other side of the bed for his eyes to only widen in surprise.

"Morning," you smile, moving your hand away from his hair, "How'd you sleep last night?"

"What the hell," Nico whisper shouted as to not alarm some of the sleeping patients, "What're you doing in my bed? You were supposed to sleep on the air mattress on the floor."

"I had a nightmare."

"And you deciding sleeping on my bed was a solution to that problem," he deadpanned, sitting up to face you and the pillow resting on your lap.

"Listen, I needed to feel comfortable and I was getting this weird power dynamic vibe from me sleeping in the ground and you sleeping up there," you say, pointing to mattress on the floor and patting the sheets of the bed.

"Ah yes! How high and mighty I am up on my not even twin XL," he deadpans, observing his and the rest of the beds in the infirmary.

"That is not what I meant—"

"Silence in the presence of your king," Nico dramatically turned away with his eyes closed, leaning on one hand while the other was holding up its index finger as if to shush you, "Who sleeps at a lofty twelve and a half inches above the ground!"

Sighing with an amused smile on your face, not getting to see this side of him all that often, "Listen, I am not ashamed. I slept comfortably when I got up into your bed and I'm sure you did too."

"Yeah, okay."

"You know what, I wanna know," you lean your back against the headboard, "How'd you sleep last night?"

Sighing, he answers, "That was the best I've slept in a while."

Gasping, you whisper, "The king slept comfortably with a peasant in his bed!"

"I did not consent to this—"

"But my liege our love is forbidden," you joke, laughing softly at his flushed ears and deadpan expression.

WORD COUNT: 0

WORD COUNT: 0.8K
A/N: no complicated descriptions, just sillies

8KA/N: no complicated descriptions, just sillies