𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆"

                                     - 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒅𝒆𝒍 𝒓𝒆𝒚

_______________________________________

"You can spend the night here, if you want." Coriolanus offered, leaning away from her.

"Thanks, Coryo but I really don't want to explain that to my parents." Ismene said, after contemplating the offer.

"Yes, that makes sense." He said and stepped away from the girl.

"I probably should go."

"Right." He said curtly and collected her bag and coat for her. He also accompained her to the door and helped her put on her coat.

"Good night, Coryo." She smiled at him after she was ready to go.

"Good night." Coriolanus said and stepped closer to kiss her goodbye. They were both smiling when he pulled away and then Ismene exited the house.

-✦✦✦-

Ismene was laying on a blanket with Coriol beside her. It was dark, they were looking at the stars and the moon.

"It's beautiful." Isme said, her gaze locked on the night sky.

It really was breathtaking but Coriolanus couldn't help but amire her. Her hair fell on her chest and he could see the reflection of the stars in her eyes.

"Yes." He said and after contemplating a little he said what he's been thinking all along. "But they can't compete with you."

He heard her breath hitch and she turned to him with a small smile.
"Oh what a charmer. But that just isn't true." She said to him.

"Yes, it is." He declared, put a hand on her cheek and leaned closer. When their lips met he forgot about everything else, it was only the two of them.

Coriolanus suddenly woke and looked at the other side of his king-sized bed. It was empty. He wished that Ismene was really there with him like in his dream. He only had nightmares so he thought could get used to this kind of dream.

He couldn't seem to fall asleep so he got up and walked to the big window that streched from the floor to the ceiling of his bedroom. He tossed away the curtains and looked up at the sky. He imagined that she would be here with him someday and they'd gaze at the night sky.

He couldn't put into words what he felt during their kiss. He had waited for so long to taste her lips and now he had finally did so.

She loved him.

She loved him and he loved her.

He used to think that he wasn't capable of feeling love but that had changed when he got to know Ismene. He now knew that what he felt for Lucy Gray was was nothing more than the rush of power, because her life depended on his actions. He gave up his life with her to come back to the Capitol and he would do it again in a heartbeat. But he would never do that to Isme. If he had to choose between power and her love he wouldn't know what to do and this scared him. After all, he tried to not feel and work towards his goal to become the President of Panem but he couldn't turn off his feelings for Ismene.

-✦✦✦-

It was quite late when Ismene got home from Coriolanus but she felt like it was her duty to call her best friend.

Clemensia wasn't asleep, yet, in fact she was waiting for Isme to call and tell her what happened. She picked up after the first ring.
"Isme? Hi, how did it go?"

"He loves me, Clem! Can you believe it?" Ismene still couldn't believe that Coriolanus felt this way about her.

"Of course I can, silly. You haven't seen the way he looks at you." She was happy for her friend despite her dislike for the Snow boy. She knew that he was dangerous but she also knew that he wouldn't hurt Ismene. Her only concern was that his hunger for power would come before Ismene and that would break her.
"So, does that mean you too are okay?"

"Yes, yes we are." Ismene answered, her smile almost audible.

"You kissed, didn't you?" Clemmie teased.

"What? How did you know?"

"I guessed." Clemmie smiled. "Now, go to sleep or you'll be tired tomorrow and we have school." She reminded her.

"Okay, Mom." Ismene joked and after saying goodbye she hung up on the phone. She now wished she stayed with Coriolanus and kiss him again.

She got ready for bed and layed down. She couldn't fall asleep, her brain was full of memories with Coryo.

Him laying in a hospital bed grabbing her hand and asking her to stay.

Him hugging her to his chest after Arachne's death, her tears staining his red uniform.

Him carrying her to his house when she hurt her leg.

Him tucking a rose behind her ear from his shirt and saying that it suited her better than him.

Him interwining their arms as they were walking down the marble stairs of the Academy.

Him letting her sleep and promising to wake her if anything happened to her tribute.

And at last, him holding her head and kissing her.

_______________________________________

author's note

hello! i usally upload on wednesdays and sarurdays so sorry for not updating the story yes tér, I didn't really have time to write i just finished this part. it's kinda short but it's my favourite chapter so far, so i hope you liked it too.

i want to thank you for reading my story, i never would have thought that it'll reach almost 1.5K reads.

hope y'all are well and
had/will have a nice day<3