𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"𝒊𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆?
𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆."

                 -𝑪𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆
_______________________________________

2 months later

Ismene woke up and put on her university uniform and tied a red bow in her hair. It was her first day at the university.

Coriolanus said that he would be here at 7:30 to drive her to the University. Now, that he lived with the Plinths he had access to luxuries like this and he always insisted on sharing them with Ismene. She thought that maybe he felt the need to repay her because she helped him when he was in need of money.

It was almost time, so Isme looked in the mirror to see if she looked perfect, then went down the stairs.

"Ismene! It's a big day for you!" Her mother, Marissa Charmion greeted her and walked up to her. She quickly assesed her look and fixed her daughter's collar, a habit she picked up when Ismene wore her first uniform. She had to fix it even if it was perfect already.

"Yes, indeed. Knowledge is a priviledge. " Her father, Jameron said too. They always agreed in matters like these. The most importaint thing was to look perfect in front of the Capitol and get those perfect graders then marry someone in a high position.

"Coriolanus will be here shortly, so I better hurry." She said. She could have gotten ready earlier to have breakfast but she didn't want to listen to her parents talking about how is it really importaint to make a good impression.

"Alright, but take something for breakfast, darling." Her mother called after her and then picked up a pastry from the table which was full of breakfast foods. She put it in a paper bag and handed it to her daughter.

"Don't you want to invite the young Snow boy inside for a cup of coffee, Ismene?" Jameron asked and looked at her expectantly.

"No, I don't think so, father. We would like to get there early to make the best first impression on our professors." Through the years, she learned what to say to get out of certain tasks and make her parents proud at the same time.

"Very well." Her father nodded approvingly. In that moment the dorbell rang and Isme went to open the door.

"Good morning, Coryo. Precise as always." She greeted Coriolanus. He looked great in his uniform. His hair grew longer since it was cut off and it made him look even better.

"Morning, Ismene. You look gorgeous." He smiled back and felt a sense of pride when he saw her cheeks turn rosy. "Mr. and Mrs. Charmion, always a pleasure." He nodded to her parents. He too know what a good impression was.

"Good luck on your first day, you two!" Mrs. Charmion flashed a dashing smile and waved before Isme closed the door.

Coriolanus offered his arm and led her to the car like the true gentlemen he was. Of course, he had to open the car door for her too. He felt so much more confident when he actually had money and a car to go to school with.
He got in the car on the other side and signaled the driver to get going.

"Such a gentlemen, you are." She said and bit into her pastry. Then she offered Coryo some too, out of habit.

His eyes darkened. He didn't need food as a donation. He was now powerful and rich and was on his way to become the man who holds the most power in Panem.

Isme saw it and immedately said her apologies. "I'm so sorry, it's just a habit." She looked down. She didn't want to look him in the eye. She felt it, that he held power and he wasn't 'Coryo' anymore but Mr. Coriolanus Snow.

He just looked out of the window and didn't say anything until they got there. Then without a word he got out of the black car and opened Ismene's door and offered his hand.

"Thank you." She mumbled quickly, still not daring to meet her eye.

"Look at me, Isme." He said and lifted her chin with his two fingers.
"From now on, I'll be the one to take care of you, understand? Not the other way around. It should have been like that from the beggining."

She smiled. It was about this after all, he wasn't angry. She nodded and then they intervined their arms and entered the building.

He felt powerful as they walked through the hall together. He imagined it so many times that one day, they will be walking just like this but him as the President of Panem and her as his First Lady.

They saw all their former classmates and neither of them wanted to see them again. There was exception for Isme, though. Clemensia Dovecote.

"Good morning, you two. Nice to see you're back Coriolanus." The dark haired girl greeted the pair.

Coriolanus rolled his eyes. He was annoyed by the girl so greatly.

"Hello, Clemmie, it's been a while." Ismene smiled at her.

"You don't mind if I steal your lady for a while, do you?" Asked Clemmie and grabbed Ismene's hand, not waiting for the boy's answer. The girls walked away and Isme shot an apologetic look to Coryo before she turned her attention to Clemensia.

"So, what's up with you and Snow, Isme? Did you know that he was in the Districts?" She asked her friend, clearly keen on the topic.

"Nothing, Clem we are friends. And yes, I know he was in 12. They cut his almost completely, he didn't look as good as he does now." Isme chuckled. It was nice catching up with Clemmie after not seeing her in the summer.

"Oh, so you admit that you find him attractive, huh?" She teased with a knowing smile.

"I did not say that, Clemmie. And what, do you think he doesn't look good?"

"Oh, no I didn't say that. But he doesn't look at me like he does at you, Isme." Clemensia chuckled.

"What do you mean?" Ismene really didn't know what she was talking about. How did he look at her?

"When I took you away from him he looked like he wants to cut my head off."

"I'm sure he didn't mean to."
He wouldn't do that, he had good manners.

"If you say so." Clemmie said, finally letting go of the topic.