Eight

Grace stood in the flat. She knew how things weren't easy and she wanted to make things work. But she knew what she had been through. And she knew how it wasn't easy. She knew how none of it was easy.   

Grace knew what she had been through and how it wasn't easy and she knew that she wanted to move on from what had happened and what she was had been through. She knew it wasn't easy.

Grace knew how protective that Carla had become of her. She knew that she was grateful that her mum was there. But she knew that she had been through a lot. And she knew it wasn't easy.

Grace got dressed and walked into the kitchen as Carla looked to her and smiled. "How are you feeling baby?" She asked.

Grace looked to her and smiled. "I'm okay. I'm tired, but I am okay. Things haven't been easy."

Carla looked to her and smiled. "I know that you have been through a lot. But you are my little girl. And you and your sister are my world. There is nothing that I won't do for you. And I know what you have been through. But I want you to know I won't let anyone hurt you again," she said. 

Grace looked to her and smiled. "You know what happened to me, none of it is your fault," she said.

Carla smiled. "I should of been a better mum to you and your sister. That's all I know," she said as Grace smiled.

****

Grace walked through the street. She saw Adam and smiled. "Hey. How are you doing?" He asked. 

Grace looked to him and smiled. "I'm good. It's been a lot with what has happened. And what I am going through. But I am in a good place. And I am trying to live my life. I know I will not be defined by what has happened to me. And I know I want to be happy," she said.

Adam took a hold of her hand. He smiled as he looked to her and smiled. "I know it's not easy, I do. But you are strong Grace. You're a fighter. And I know if anyone can get through this situation, then it's you. Besides you know I am here for you," he said as the two of them held a look.

Grace smiled. "That means a lot. It really does, I'm glad that you're here for me," she said  as the two of them held a look.

****

Grace sat in the flat. She looked to see Riley as she walked in. She smiled as she looked to her. "Are you okay?" Grace asked.

Riley sat next to her and smiled. "I'm okay. Shouldn't I be asking you that? You're my little sister. And you've been through hell," she said. 

Grace rolled her eyes. "I know but I am fine. You don't need to worry over me at all," she said.

Grace knew how she was doing well. And she knew how she had been through hell and it hadn't been easy.

But Grace had no idea just how her past would soon come back to bite her.