Five

Grace sat in the flat and looked to her phone. She ignored it. Grace knew what she was going through. She knew that she couldn't do it.

She couldn't go back there. And she couldn't go through what was happening. She knew that it was too much and that too much was happening.

Grace looked to it and sighed. Carla walked in and looked to her. Grace sighed. "Whatever it is. I am not in the mood. I don't want to argue mum," she said as Carla looked to her and sighed.

She knew that she didn't want to fight either. "Neither do I. I had a phone call from school. Why didn't you go?" Carla asked.

Grace sighed. "I wasn't feeling well at all. Please mum. Can we not," she mumbled.

Carla looked to her daughter and frowned. She wasn't stupid. And she could see that there was something bothering Grace.

As much as she wanted to find out what it was she also didn't want to argue with her daughter.

"Okay. As long as you know I am always here for you. And that you can talk to me no matter what it is," Carla said.

Grace looked to her and smiled. "I know mum," she said.

Grace hated the secrets she was keeping. But knew she didn't want Carla to hate her.

****

Grace walked through the street. She saw Riley who was with Nick. She looked to her sister and smiled. Riley walked over to her. "Are you okay?" Riley asked.

Grace looked to her and smiled. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Riley looked to her. She frowned. "Mum said you weren't feeling well," she said as she held a look with her sister.

"Oh. Yeah. Just cramps," Grace lied.

Grace knew that she was trying hard to keep her secrets to herself. And she knew how hard it was.

She knew just how close that she was to her family. And she knew what she was going through. She knew how it was for the best that she pushed them away. She knew how it wasn't easy at all.

Grace looked to Riley and sighed. "I know that mum has asked you to keep an eye on me. But I'm not a kid. I can look after myself. I am fine. I don't need looking after," she told her.

Riley smiled. "I know that you think that now. But you will always be my kid sister. And I am going nowhere," she said Grace smiled.

****

Grace walked out of the cafe. She frowned as a car pulled up beside her. She looked and paled as she saw it was him. "What are you doing here?" Grace asked.

"You haven't been coming to my parties. Get in."

"No."

"Get in before I make you," he spat as she nodded.

Grace got in the car as it drove off. She fought back the tears in her eyes.

Unaware of how Adam Barlow had saw. How worried that he was.

But would he be the one to realise what Grace was truly going through?