Three

Grace laid in bed and sighed.  She looked to the bruises on her hips and sighed. She knew what she had been through. And she knew how hard it was. She knew that she had to keep it a secret.

Grace knew she was pushing her family away more and more. She knew it was for the best. She knew that it scared her. She knew that she was in something that she couldn't get out of. And she was scared. She didn't want things to get more complicated. She was scared.

Grace stood from her bed and started getting dressed. She sighed as she walked out of the room. She saw Carla and frowned as she noticed a couple of bottles of wine and sighed. "Mum. Are you drinking again?" She asked.

Carla looked to her and grinned. "Gracie! Baby girl!" Carla slurred.

Grace sighed. She already knew she was going through too much. And the last thing she needed or wanted was to go through Carla's drinking again.

Grace knew she had been through so much already. And she was really struggling with everything.

****

Grace walked through the street and sighed as she put the empty bottle of vodka she had been drinking from in the bin. She groaned as she saw Riley.

Riley looked at her. Grace rolled her eyes. "What?" She asked.

Riley rolled her eyes as she looked at her. "You know what. I heard mum is drinking again. And I know it's hard on you. But you don't need start drinking and you don't need to turn into mum. You're better than that. You don't need it. Look, why don't you come and stay with me and Nick for a little bit. Until mum gets herself better," Riley said.

Grace looked to her and rolled her eyes. "With him? I don't think so," she said.

Riley frowned. She looked at her. "What is it you don't like about Nick? He hasn't hurt me. And he's nice to you," she told her.

Grace sighed. "I don't know. I just don't trust him. That's all," she said.

Riley smiled as she looked to her. She took her hand. "It's okay. He is a good guy. Look, I know there's a lot going on. But I'm still your sister. And I still care about you. I want to do things right. Because I love you," she told her.

Grace looked to her and smiled. She knew how everything was an absolute mess right now.

****

Grace sighed to herself. She looked to see as a car pulled up next to her. She frowned. "Get in. We're going somewhere," the driver said.

Grace looked around and frowned. She was scared. But she knew that she had no choice. She got into the back of the car as it drove off and felt a tear slip down her cheek. 

She knew that everything was a mess. And it was all going to change. And she had no idea how deep in this that she was about to become. But she knew that she was terrified.