Chap 12: End of Vol 2

A/N: Chapter names are hard asf to think of. 

After a while, some people got up to go to the toilet and some chatter could be heard. 

15 minutes later, Bob started the next video. 

Context: After Sudo's trial ended.

Horikita POV

"Eh? Mine? Horikita looked caught off guard. 

Sudo looked especially interested in the context of the video. 

"May I leave now, Chabashira-sensei?"

"Wait just a moment. There's something I want to talk to you about, Horikita. You two leave first, though."

Chabashira-sensei urged my older brother and Tachibana-san to leave.

Once they were gone, she looked deeply interested, crossing her arms before her on the table.

"So. What methods did you use, Horikita?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't try to dodge the question. They wouldn't withdraw their complaint without a reason, would they?"

Some people looked especially interested. 

"I'll leave that to your imagination."

We'd fabricated a lie because we were backed into a corner.

"So it's a secret, hmm? Well, allow me to change the question. Who came up with the strategy that defeated Class C?

"Why do you care about that?"

"Ayanokouji isn't here, so I'm a little curious."

"So Ayanokoji was most likely the one who saved me instead..." Sudo nodded in understanding. 

Chabashira-sensei had been rather preoccupied with Ayanokouji-kun ever since we started school. I could somewhat understand why, now.

"Chabashira-sensei, did you know of his past before all this?" Hirata asked.

"No. I thought I knew, but I was just too naiive..." She replied. 

"I don't want to admit this, but Ayanokouji-kun...might have something exceptional to him."

I surprised myself by saying this, which could be taken as an admission of defeat. However, our victory would not have been as decisive without him.

"I'm curious. What did you guys do?" Shinohara asked. 

"I'll explain it later, when we're alone as a class," Horikita replied. 

"I see. So you recognize that, hmm?"

"Is that surprising? You were the one who first put me together with Ayanokouji-kun, Chabashira-sensei. You did it because you couldn't overlook Ayanokouji-kun's potential, right?"

"His potential, hmm?"

"Though he does try to hide his ability by pretending to be an idiot, for some mysterious reason."

Yes, he was truly incomprehensible. I could not find meaning in such behavior. It was likely that he was simply being absurd.

"There are various things to consider. But if you want to reach Class A, I'll give you one bit of advice."