Chap 4: In need of Guidance

A/N:

Some of u may have gotten a notification of this chapter being published on Wednesday. Well, it was an accident, so sorry!

I was writing on the bus when the bus suddenly jerked super violently and my fingers slipped and pressed the publish button.

Now I've learned not to write on public transport, especially buses.

Anyway, enjoy!

~~~

Context: May 1st, after school.

"Ayanokouji-kun from class D. Chiyabashira-sensei is calling for you. Please come to the staff room."

After a jingle, a voice came over the loudspeaker.

"Kuku, got in trouble?" Ryuuen laughed.

"Looks like you were called by the teacher."

"Yea... Sorry, Kushida. I'll be going."

Since the first day of school, I don't remember doing anything that would get me called. Feeling the heavy gazes of the other students, I exited the room.

I reached the staff room and timidly opened the door.

"Fufufu, timid? Don't make me laugh, Ayanokoji-kun," Sakayanagi said.

"Are you implying that Ayanokoji has never been timid or scared in his life?" Katsuragi asked.

"Fufufu, who knows?"

Looking around the room, I didn't see Chiyabashira-sensei anywhere. I called out to the teacher that was checking their own face in the mirror.

"Oooh, oooh, I finally make my appearance!" Hoshimiya-sensei exclaimed.

"Um, is Chiyabashira-sensei here?"

"What? Sae-chan? She was here until a few moments ago..."

The teacher who looked back had wavy, shoulder-length hair that gave off an adult-like impression. She said Chiyabashira-sensei's name as if they were close. They also look close in age.

"Looks like she had something to do. Do you want to wait inside?"

"No, I'll wait in the hallway."

I don't feel comfortable in areas like the staff room. Because I didn't want to attract any attention, I decided to stay in the hallway. As soon as I thought that, the teacher walked out into the hallway.

"I'm Hoshinomiya Chie, responsible for class B. I've been best friends with Sae since high school. We're close enough to call each other Sae-chan and Chie-chan~."

I've never heard of her before, but it seems like some useless information.

"Kiyotaka~kun, nothing I say I useless... I fear you've broken my fragile heart with those cruel words!" Hoshimiya-sensei comically sobbed.

I just ignored her antics.

"Ne, why did Sae-chan call you here? Ne ne, why?"

"Who knows. I don't know the reason either..."

"I don't understand. You were called out without being given the reason? Fuun? What's your name?

A barrage of questions. She examined me up and down.

"My name's Ayanokouji."

"Ayanokouji-kun? Isn't that a cool name~. You're popular, right~?"