# chapter one

⎯⎯✰

⎯⎯✰

   You had no control over your life whatsoever. If your only wish was to be able to decide by yourself, then, you know you'd have to keep dreaming longer. Having a well-known father who only cared about fame instead of his child's well-being may sound far-fetched to some, but to you it was not-because you were this child.

Conformity, standards, status-- an utopian dream that few people dreamt of, because where the hell is the good in being wealthy and having no freedom?

The sudden death of your mother three years ago was heart wrenching, you couldn't stop crying and tried to scapegoat the high society for that.
For having your mother to keep up with unrealistic ideals-- being the fairest woman of the town, taking care of a good for nothing husband, acting as a strong woman and not carrying any burden.

"Hey, are you alright?" A voice snapped you out of your thoughts.

It was the voice of your handsome colleague; a tall man, well-built and with his most unique trait, his eyes-the most beautiful eyes you've ever seen-- sky blue with different shift of hues. Moreover, his white-hair added to his ethereal look, bonus the black compression shirt he was wearing and the black cargo pants with a leg pistol holster over it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get any sleep last night..." You cryptically replied with a fake smile, taking a sip of your dark coffee.

The man sat on the edge of his desk, his hand supporting the weight of his body whilst looking at you organizing multiple sheets of paper into files.

"I like this concentrated look on you. That's...sexy not gonna lie. " He smirked, his tone almost flirty.

"And...​I would like you to shut up and see if grass is greener elsewhere." You did not look up and signaled for him to let you work in peace.

"Now, now, why are you so feisty in the morning~?" He asked rhetorically, pouting a bit, now leaning down on your desk, head in his palms.