CHECKED

Our footsteps on the floor creaked with every step, and all our ruffling stopped to a complete silence. Walter and Lucas froze on the spot while my breathing hitched. Someone opened the downstairs door.

Dina and I quickly wiped away our tears before I locked eyes with Nicolas who was staring at me in anxiousness from across the room. Slowly putting down his fist, Walter turned toward's our bedroom door as Yuugo began to walk closer to it, slowly untwisting the knob.

Seconds after, the curly-haired man opened the door and saw that all the lights had been shut off and everyone else was already sound asleep. He looked back at us thunderstruck.

We all knew anyone was prohibited from exiting the house at night.

Looking at each other, Walter let go of Lucas's collar as he stood up straight. The navy-haired man fixed his improper glasses, looking down at the floor filled with regret.

"Sorry, Lucas." He apologized.

Lucas sighed, brushing it off wanting to get over the mess, "It's alright."

Yuugo began to walk back into the room over to his drawer retrieving his lamp and taking a match to light the candle. He held up the light source and made his way back over to the door.

"C'mon, quit fightin' and let's get goin'." He rolled his eyes annoyed at Walter, he had put a hefty bruise on both him and Lucas.

I got off the bed and helped Dina. I held out my hand for her which she grabbed, but didn't let go. Yuugo, Lucas, Nicolas, and then Walter walked out last, me and Dina held hands after being the last ones while walking out.

The whole house was dead silent, the only sound heard was our footsteps. Yuugo led the way down the stairs until he was at the entrance of the front door taking notice of the door left open. He looked back at each one of us, searching for an answer to see if any of us had an idea of what was going on.

Lucas shrugged, "Let's check outside then?"

We all nodded in agreement, stepping down the porch. Our feet hit the dry dirt on the path carved out leading towards the gate.

"Why are the lights on, It's far too late but why...?" Nicolas said out loud his eyebrows shaking.

Yuugo held up the lamp, trying to make up what was in the distance. The cold air hit my nose, even though it was the beginning of September, the night began to grow colder with each second passing by once we made it over the hill.

I looked up at the sky with swollen eyes from crying. It was beautiful, each star shining just as bright as the other making me wonder, what can be wrong with the world we live in?

"It's amazing, right [Name]?" Dina said squeezing my hand tighter, referring to the night sky. I faced to look at her, realizing she locked eyes with mine before smiling weakly. She looked tired.

"I'm glad we're sisters."

I smiled back

Then, a loud cracking noise was heard in front of us. Yuugo had dropped his lamp.

"What's wrong Yuugo?!" Lucas yelled out rushing over to him, only then to be stopped right away, his eyes now widening in fear. Walter fell to the grass, his breathing had stopped while Nicolas's stomach seemed to be turning, causing him to look away and grab his stomach while covering his mouth.

I didn't understand what was going on until I walked up closer, the gate becoming clearer. Then I understood.

"Demons?" I said under my breath as the wind blew in all our direction.