HOME

The smell of grass and the metallic taste were the senses that brought me home. Though I couldn't taste or smell the two anymore, the only thing I could feel was the memories of my own. Each step I took brought me further away and closer to my fate. Nothing I did in this life made me miss it.

But some things that did happen to me in this life, made me miss it.

A bell began to churn, alerting all of the children to rise from their slumber. Sounds of ruffling and commotion of multiple kids began to stir, and a house that was once quiet in the night slowly turned into loudness in the day.

I opened my eyes, facing the wall, seconds later I began to hear the chatter of children and Mother waking up the young ones. As my eyes travel along the white wall to the opening of a window, I feel the breeze under my nose, smelling the beginning of September's first day.

Years have gone by and I still have yet to be adopted, leaving me and the other 15-year-olds stuck at the orphanage, Glory Bell.

"Good morning people...!" Nicolas announced while yawning, sitting down on his bed as a greeting to all the other older kids. 

I shuffled on my bed, turning to the other side to look at the other older kids who were about my age. At the farthest end of the room. Lucas was standing up cracking his arms behind his head, as Walter's bed was left empty.

Out of the 6 beds in the room, 4 of us remained sleeping.

I looked up across from me to see Dina still fast asleep, her breathing calm. Lowering my head back down, I turned to see Yuugo had now flipped to the side where he was facing me.

"G'morning Nicolas..." Lucas replied with a tired voice, making his way over to Yuugo. Nicolas ruffled his blonde hair around before getting up and grabbing his hat on his side table.

"I'm gonna get the food ready for the other children, see y'all downstairs." He briefly states before closing the door behind him.

My eyes shifted back to Yuugo and Lucas, watching the scene in front of me of the red-haired boy tearing off the blanket's from the loud snoring man and quickly pulling his pillow away making him hit his head on the mattress.

"Get up lazy man, Walter and Nicolas are already downstairs making breakfast for everyone." He said loudly, making Dina stir awake.

Yuugo groaned, flaying his hand around in the air trying to get a hold of his pillow and blanket. I rolled my eyes at the situation, getting ready to go downstairs before Yuugo began to yell again.

"Seriously, did you guys have to bicker at 7:00 in the morning?" Dina said gripping her spoon and looking at Lucas and Yuugo that sat in front of us as we ate breakfast.

The two males looked up from their food as they chewed. Lucas looked away while Yuugo swallowed the food in his mouth.

"Sorry 'bout that." He winked jokingly as Dina rolled her eyes playfully. I focused on my food awkwardly.

"Are you guys ready for the test?" Walter asked finishing up his yogurt.

Each month all of the children and older kids take a test. Supposedly, it helps us strengthen our mental capacity while we do our physical training.

Nicolas made a puffing sound, "Oh come on, everyone knows [Name] is gonna topple over everyone again. What's tha' point of even trying y'know what I mean?" He said out loud not even looking at all of us as he continued eating.