REALIZATION

"You really think so?" Lucas said taking in all of the information explained to him. I nodded my head in agreement. His expression shifted to a look of worry, cupping his mouth with his hand as he began to grow nervous.

"It makes sense, why else would that wall be there?" I added to prove my point. Yuugo stood up crossing his arms while I sat on the bed where Lucas's feet rested giving him space.

Yuugo then groaned.

"Plus, I wanna check what's over that wall anyways... if it's just more land or... something else." He said looking outside the window and staring at the entrance of the gate from far away.

I hummed in agreement, putting one of my arms behind my back and leaning back to look at the red-haired boy.

"Come with us, I'm sure you can stand up now." I smiled warmly at him as he smiled back.

He nodded as he began to sigh cracking his back from side to side.

"Alright then, let's get going!" He said with enthusiasm making Yuugo roll his eyes while laughing slightly.

"[Name] just jump, I'll catch you OK?" Lucas said reassuring me as I stood on the branch of the tree.

Earlier, Lucas had convinced Mother to let him play outside with the other kids. Using this chance, me and Yuugo brought him to the end side of the forest by pretending to play tag. The children around us began to question as it was very rare for me and Yuugo to be seen together—let alone be even around each other.

We ran straight into the forest as we disappeared in sight from the house. Just as me and Yuugo explained earlier that there was a wall, he was face to face with the grey concrete and now this time the three of us decided to climb the nearest tree to the wall to jump off of to reach the top of the structure.

Yuugo and Lucas had already made it over to the other side, as they had better physical strength than mine. It took me a few minutes to climb the tree with the help of Lucas as Yuugo only complained about how slow I was.

My legs shook on the tree branch, scared I might fall. Lucas took notice of this and instantly tried to distract me from my thoughts.

"Hey look at me OK? You're fine see? I know you can do it." He smiled in an attempt to calm down my nerves.

Yuugo had been what seemed like hypnotized as he continued to stare off into the distance almost mesmerized.

"Lucas I— don't know." I said as my eyes shot back and forth from the ground below me and his eyes, noticing how far up I was. Surely if I fell I would break a limb.

The red-haired boy took notice of the branch's tears, realizing it could no longer withstand my weight.

"[Name] jump!"

My eyes quickly darted towards the branch I stood on, feeling the sturdiness of it greatly disappearing. My heart dropped at the last second while I jumped reaching for Lucas's hand that instantly grabbed mine while I screamed loudly.

The branch ended up hitting the grass loudly while he began to pull me up the wall groaning. Lucas stood up catching his breath and smiling at me as he helped me stand up by lifting my arms.

"See, I knew you could do it."

My breath was still shaken from a few seconds ago, but regardless I smiled back.

"Yeah..." I said as my eyes wandered what was over the cliff.

Only this time, instead of the rapid beating in my heart I grew abnormally sick to my stomach. My heart stopped for a split second.