5.2. Mission: Incredible

Tom, Janus, and Alex stood in the corner of the room. Tom was recording Mr Flatley, attempting to do a card magic trick. That's when the screen on the camera changed to Dan and Zoe's tracker, showing that they had made it inside SNARL.

"You're coming up on the maintenance room." Janus told Dan and Zoe. The three just stood there watching the red dot on the camera. That was until Aneisha came over and closed the screen of the camera. Tom turned to Aneisha.

"'Neesh, what's gotten into you?" Tom trailed off as he saw that Olga had come over to them.

"How is the documentary coming?" Olga asked Tom.

"Really good, thanks. In fact, I think we're going to get some great stuff tonight." Tom said continuing with the lie from earlier.

"I look forward to seeing the results when you are finished. If you will excuse me." Olga smiled at all of them but looked towards Janus for a split second longer than the others. This didn't go unnoticed by Alex as she subtly looked between Olga and Janus. Something just happened but Alex didn't know what. Once Olga walked away and was out of hearing distance Aneisha started to talk.

"Was it just me, or was that weird?"

"You think she's on to us?" Tom asked.

"No way. But she's dangerous. Don't let her out of your sight." Janus said aiming the last sentence at Aneisha as she was the one in charge of distracting Olga if anything happened. Tom, Alex, and Janice went back to watching the tracker on the camera. It showed that Dan and Zoe were now inside the vent. However, Alex noticed they had stopped moving and spoke into her headpiece.

"What's the hold-up you guys?"

"We've run into a little problem." Tom changed the screen so that they could see what Dan saw as he had a camera attached to his earpiece.

"That's not little, that's a RAT." Tom said to Dan not explaining that he didn't mean the actual animal.

"Tell me something I don't know." Dan said sarcastically.

"He means a Remote Anti-Intruder Tactical device. It's like an autonomous robotic guard." Alex told them. Alex decided that she needed to have a conversation with Tom about his lack of explanation.

"Don't let it see you. That thing can chew through solid steel." Frank told the team. However, that information was a little too late as the RAT had spotted them and started to move towards the two.

"Now you tell me."

"Get out of there, now!" Frank yelled in panic.

"Zoe, you still have your stick of Cheese Rock?" Dan asked. Tom and Alex saw that Dan was aiming the cheese at the RAT. He flicked it at the RAT and by some miracle it nailed the RAT to the wall.

"What do you know? Rats don't like cheese." Dan said laughing. Tom and Janus fist bumped, and Alex just watch Tom with her eyebrows raised. Nice to see Tom making a new adult friend.

"You're nearly their guys. Make a left then you should be right on top of the Aardvark" Alex told Dan and Zoe.

"OK. I see laser beams and the floor looks pressure sensitive. The usual stuff" Dan said. The group was interrupted by Melissa, who stood on stage and started a speech. Tom then started to record, after all they needed something to give to Olga and Mr Flatly as he wanted the documentary as well.

"Welcome everyone. Tonight marks the beginning of an era of friendship between the people of Boldovia and Great Britain. We are pleased to present a celebration of the finest music and art from both our countries. And for our first act tonight, please, welcome to the stage Roly!"