4.2. The Face Of Revenge

It was the next day and the whole school was waiting for Calvin Lame to arrive. Aneisha was showing the tablet that Zoe had found to Alex and Tom to see if they could make sense of the drawings. A black car had pulled up into the school yard and Mr Peabody and his assistant got out the car. Zoe went to stand near Byron with a notebook and pen Alex gave her. Alex wanted to get an autograph for Frank, but she would rather be dead than getting seen asking Lame for an autograph, besides, she had work to do.

She saw Zoe talk to Calvin, but he just walked straight past her and went over to his fans.

"Hey, guys, look who's here!"

"Maybe Byron was doing us a favour. At least this way we can keep an eye on Cuthbert." Dan says as they watch Mr Peabody talk to Mr McNab.

"Now, look here. You're making no such pop video... even if it's for this 'Lame' character." Mr McNab said not liking his students being distracted.

"Ah, but it's not for him, is it?! It's for... Byron." Mr Peabody said not wanting to be at the school either.

"Byron?! I say, how exciting!" Mr Flatly said being genuinely happy for Byron. All the students were equally excited as they assumed that they would all be a part of it.

"Video! Video!" Everyone started to chant and cheer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone was watching as Byron finished the ending verse of his song.

# It's hard to say I love you #
# But I know that you love me. #

Everyone went rushing up to Byron asking him if they can be in the music video. Except for the teen spy's its best if their faces weren't all over the internet. The group saw Byron give the music tape back as the deal was complete.

"Hey, Byron. Maybe I could play a backing dancer?" Roly asked.

"And I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm the only one that can sing in tune around here."

"Hey, where did Cuthbert go?!" Calvin asked himself but his question was overheard by the team. Calvin went to go look for Mr Peabody while destroying Byron's guitar in the process.

"Good question." Dan said, the team then started to follow Calvin. However, Alex decided to go down to the base to help Tom figure out the drawing designs. While Alex was helping Tom and Frank, she saw on the computers (that always shows the school CCTV system) a black car driving out of the school yard and Calvin yelling.

"Cuthbert! You can't go without ME! Cuthbert?!" Alex saw the trio look at each other annoyed that they lost Mr Peabody.

"Cuthbert's gone" Alex told Frank. Frank sighed as he now had no choice but to contact Stella as they didn't know what to do next. A few minutes later the rest of the team joined Alex, Tom, and Frank in the base. Alex and Tom continued to work on the designs and left the team to deal with Stella.

"We didn't mean to let him get away." Aneisha explained to Stella.

"We were being happy for Byron." Zoe said.

"The main thing is the designs-." Frank was cut off by Alex. She stood up from her chair (nearly falling on her face in the process) and rushed over to the table.

"It's a face scanner, part of a machine called the transmorpher." Alex told the group.

"Yes. It's situated at the MI9 unit where Stella's been working, from where those computer components were stolen."

"He could've used them to make a face scanner." Stella theorises.

"OK, one question. Why?" Aneisha wondered, why would a music producer need a face scanner.