8.

CHAPTER 8

~Rahul's POV

I sit here, on this park bench, my mind consumed by thoughts of her. Anjali, the girl who has captured my heart with her infectious smile and unwavering kindness. I cannot deny the growing crush that has taken hold of me, fueling a storm of emotions within. A mix of excitement and fear swirls within me as I grapple with the decision of whether or not to express my feelings to her.

Whenever I am in her presence, a wave of calm washes over me. The sheer sight of her is enough to set my heart racing, pumping adrenaline through my veins. I find solace in her captivating presence, losing myself in the melodies of her laughter. It is as if time ceases to exist when I'm with her, and the world around us fades into insignificance.

But along with this euphoria, a sense of unease settles in the pit of my stomach. What if she doesn't feel the same way? What if our friendship becomes awkward and tainted by unrequited feelings? These questions haunt me every step, feeding the doubts that plague my mind. I fear losing her as a friend, yet I yearn for something more. It is this internal struggle that torments me day and night.

As I lie awake in the quiet darkness of my room, my thoughts race like wildfire. Memories and moments flicker through my mind, each one highlighting the connection we share. I reminisce about the time we spent together, our laughter echoing in my ears like a sweet melody. Those stolen glances and witty conversations seem to hold a deeper meaning now, a promise of something unspoken, yet palpable.

However, the fear of rejection is a formidable adversary. It gnaws at the corners of my mind, reminding me of the countless tales of unrequited love that end in heartbreak. I don't want to be just another chapter in that book of shattered dreams. Perhaps it's safer to keep my feelings to myself, to continue basking in the warm glow of her friendship rather than risk tarnishing it with unreciprocated emotions.

But then, I remember all those stolen moments when her eyes would meet mine, and the world would momentarily freeze. The traces of a smile that danced at the corner of her lips, teasing me with possibilities. Could it be that she feels something too? Is it possible that my trembling heart is not alone in this emotional tango?

As days turn into weeks, and weeks into months, my feelings only intensify. The more I suppress them, the harder they fight to be revealed, like a beast kept in a cage. My thoughts ambush me at every turn, tormenting me to take that leap of faith. I find myself rehearsing conversations that may never happen, imagining the words tumbling out of my mouth, and the diverging paths our lives may take as a result.

And so, here I sit, on this park bench, wrestling with my emotions. The battle within wages on, an emotional tug-of-war between the fear of rejection and the overwhelming desire to express my growing affection. The butterflies that flutter in my stomach have grown into a chorus of uncertainty. Will I regret it if I don't tell her? Will I have the strength to carry this unrequited love silently in my heart?

One thing is certain, though – I cannot ignore the way my heart yearns for her. The way every pore of my being longs for her touch, her laughter, and her simple presence in my life. The decision to express my feelings may bring joy and fulfillment or pain and heartache, but I cannot let fear dictate the path of my heart.

And so, I'll gather my courage, take that leap of faith, and confess the depths of my emotions to Anjali. No matter what the outcome may be, I want her to know the truth and perhaps, just maybe, find the courage to reciprocate the feelings blooming within her own heart.

~Hua jo tu bhi mera mera
Tera jo ikraar hua
Toh kyun na main bhi, keh doon keh doon
Hua mujhe bhi pyaar hua
Tera hone laga hoon, khone laga hoon
Jab se mila hoon
Tera hone laga hoon, khone laga hoon

Jab se mila hoon