3.

CHAPTER 3

Another thing people forget to mention very often when they talk about the amazing weather in Bangalore are the unexpected downpours that greet you at random times of the day (especially if you are not prepared for it). It was around 3:30 pm and I was still stuck in traffic watching these tiny drops of water roll down the window of my Uber cab which I found after 45 minutes of cab hunting. I find it therapeutic to be honest. Rain and some romantic songs or mellow music is definitely something that will cheer me up after anything.

Growing up in a city like Delhi where rain is something you hardly ever get to see. The only common thing about Delhi and Bangalore is that in both the cities the clouds are dark. Just that it's dark and full of pollution in Delhi and here it is dark because they are full of tiny drops of glee.

RAIN - The name itself is so healing and has a calming effect on my overworked mind. I took out my phone and connected my ear pods to it. Just as " O re Piya" started playing. My mind couldn't help but drift off to the amazing evening Rahul and I shared. I caught myself replaying our conversations over a million times and smiling hard at nothing.

Now I really wish I had taken his phone no. or atleast his Instagram handle..... Given the present situation i dont think i will ever get to met him again. I won't be able to meet Rahul...
Just as I was lost in thoughts of Rahul.... The GPS in front of me spoke up announcing the arrival of my studio. I paid the driver and thanked him for dropping me back safely.

I rush to run towards the door of my studio , wipe my legs at the mat to avoid getting the studio dirty and sloppy. I shake myself dry like a dog just out of the bath. No matter how hard I tried not to get drenched in the rain, all my efforts were in vain. The outline of my tanned skin was very evident and now I had to change clothes. I just had 10 minutes before my classes began. I rushed to my locker and bought out the extra pair of co-ord set that I had kept for emergencies like these. Just as I come out of the washroom wearing the beige co-ord set with my wet hair falling just off my shoulder I notice a similar silhouette approaching the door of the studio. I notice Rahul. His broad shoulders and big frame entered the door. He gave me a warm smile and I smiled back at him.
"Hey - I'm Rahul Khanna... We met the other day, remember?"
"Of course I remember you.... I had a really great time that evening with you." I told him trying not to show my excitement upon meeting him again....
"I did too... I really wanted to contact you but I realised I didnt have your number..."
OMG it took him more than two weeks to realise that.....

'I wish you had realised that earlier' I muttered under my breath... Thinking he can't hear me."Me too.." He replied instantlyMy heart flustered....... My cheeks grew red, I could feel the heat rising up within me even though I was drenched cold from the rain and my hair still soaked wet over the mega sleeves of my co-ord set.

"So what gets you here Rahul...?" I ask him to break the silence along with our intense eye contact .
"I was just hoping if you were free for the evening and if we could go up on the terrace and just spend time like we did the last time.. Are you free?"
"Sure... I'd be more than happy to do that, Rahul." I said without even giving it a second thought..."Only if you dont mind waiting for an hour and half... I have Dance class in two minutes." I added.
"Sure!"

"Ok ill be right back i go drenched in the rain I need to dry my hair." I almost stuttered.
"Cool.. You want a Coffee? You seem kinda cold.." He asked in his soft voice, sending a shiver down my spine.
"Thank you... I like my coffee strong. And please get me two.... I have a Sangeet client coming in today."
"Cool no problem." He said giving me his sweetest smile....

Oh lord, how can I not fall for a guy like him.. I dont even know him that well yet,but there's a sense of belongin-ness that I feel when I am with him. Like nothing else felt important around him....

I pulled myself back to drying my hair, but I couldnt stop thinking about him. His eyes,his voice, his chiseled and sharp jawline, his cute smile, the way his shirt was made carving each and every inch of his biceps,his height.... Just him..
Dimpy bhaiya walked, pulling me back from my express train of thoughts.''Heyyyy Anjaliiii.." He said and gave me one of his best hugs.
"Where's your Fiancé..?" I asked him just while Rahul entered with two coffees in his hand.
"Here is your coffee mam.." he said, placing it on the counter near the small kitchen I had at the back of the studio.
I told Dimpy bhaiya to call his fiancé' while I enjoyed my coffee with Rahul.