ten

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻
𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴

━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━

Jules sat in her bed with the side of her face smushed against the pillows. She stared blankly at a spot on the floor, her thoughts running wild. It'd been around an hour since she arrived home from the bonfire and all she'd done was sit and think.

After her conversation with Alex at the bonfire, she thought she could sweep everything under the rug and they could return back to how they'd been. But then he went and punched Cole, and now Jules was more confused than ever.

A sudden knock on the door brought Jules out of her own head, "Who is it?"

"Just me." Jackie entered the room, her eyes immediately fleeting to the sad looking girl on the bed, "You okay?"

Jules barely moved a muscle, "I guess."

"I brought you these." Jackie placed a glass of fresh water and some cookies onto her sister's bedside table.

"Thanks."

Jackie was familiar with this mood of Jules'. The lack of words, the distant stare, the absent expressions. If it was anybody else she knew Jules would've asked them to leave but being her sister had it's advantage, maybe she could get more of what happened out of her.

"I checked on Cole, aside from a cut that's gonna be there for a long time, he's fine." Jackie told her.

"Hm, maybe it's what he deserved." Jules simply said.

"You don't mean that." The younger Howard furrowed her brows. When Jules remained silent, Jackie took it as her opportunity to ask questions, "What happened?"

"Thanks for the cookies, I appreciate you, but I don't wanna talk about it, Jackie." Jules shifted so she was no longer facing her sister, "Not tonight."

There was concern in Jackie's eyes for her older sister. Jules didn't speak to her about boys. The only one Jackie ever knew of was a guy named Finn. Jules had started dating him when their parents broke the news that Jules was only their half sibling. She became different, starting dating the school's 'bad boy', stayed out late for ridiculous parties, skipped school.

But there was obviously something going on with Alex now, and Alex was definitely not Finn. Although they shared a similar hair colour, they had entirely different personalities and styles. Alex was good for Jules, Jackie hoped she knew that.

Jackie headed for the bedroom door, "Okay, well, you know where I am if you do."

Half an hour later Jules decided to try and get some sleep. Before that, she had to use the bathroom. Annoyingly the one closest to her room was occupied so she headed down a flight of stairs to the next one.