two

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘴

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘴

━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━

The cafeteria at lunch had been packed full of students. Jules had noticed Cole taking Jackie to skip the lunch queue and also sat her at his table with Erin and a group of boys wearing varisty jackets. The populars, she thought.

It was nice to see Jackie having someone to sit with, although she was wary of Cole. Not only had his attitude annoyed her, it appeared he had a reputation at the school. Something called The Cole Effect.

Jules had spotted Alex sitting with Nathan at one of the tables, but after History class she chose to avoid him and instead sat with Danny on one of the puke green coloured sofa's. They enjoyed a quiet lunch together.

During Art class, where she was able to be with her own year grade, Jules met a girl named Kiara. Although Jules was apprehensive on making friends because she didn't want to settle down in this town she'd be out of soon enough, she let Kiara talk her ear off. Not that she had much choice.

"You're really good at art, by the way." Kiara said as she and Jules headed out of class, "Like really good."

Jules' eyebrows pulled together, "I painted a banana."

"And it was really good." Kiara told her, "Mine was just a yellow blob next to a red blob that was supposed to be an apple."

"I used to love it, but since... I don't really enjoy much anymore." Jules came to a stop in the hallway when a thought that had been playing on her mind came back, "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What's this whole Cole Walter Effect thing I keep hearing about?" She questioned. She was worried that he was trying it on her sister.

"It's like this effect he has on people, like they can't get enough of him. They're obsessed." Kiara explained.

"That's ridiculous." Jules stated.

Kiara shrugged, "It's why all the senior boys are always like "What's up, bro?" when they pass him in the hallway, and why the freshman girls line up in the parking lot at three-thirty every day, just to see him drive passed."

That's when Jules' eyes widened. She yanked her phone from her back pocket to see it was exactly three-thirty, "Oh shit, I gotta go."

"You came with Cole?" Kiara questioned.

Jules nodded before running down the hallway and out of the building, just as Cole and the rest of the Walter boys drove passed. She was pretty sure Jackie was in there too. The car drove by without stopping.

"Are you serious?" Jules frowned, "Asshole!"

"I can give you a ride." Kiara offered from behind her.

Jules relaxed her shoulders, turning to face the raven-haired girl, "I don't want to be a bother--"