six

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯

━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━

Jules remembered this feeling, it wasn't completely familiar but it was something she'd felt once before. Hungover. Her head had pounded when she woke, her mouth was gasping for some water and her stomach was growling from both hunger and nausea.

When she'd opened her eyes Alex wasn't there. She wondered if he ever was or if he'd just been a figment of her drunken imagination. However, there was a glass of water and some painkillers sitting on her bedside table.

Jules hadn't managed to get dressed yet so she sat in the kitchen in her pyjamas, nursing the glass of water from her room, as Katherine offered her some breakfast, "Greasy food usually helps. I could make you some bacon, or fry an egg?"

The sound of that made Jules feel sick, so much so she made a grueling sound. Katherine let out a soft laugh, "Or not. You know your mom used to swear by grilled cheese and pickle sandwiches. And Earl Grey tea with tons and tons of honey. I mean not that that happened a lot, just once or twice or... ten times a semester."

This made Jules smile. Hearing about her mom's life through someone else who was close to her was bittersweet. The smile didn't last long though because her thoughts began swarming with wonder. Did Katherine know that Angelica wasn't her birth mother?

"Morning." Danny entered the kitchen, his eyes immediately zoning in on the stack of pancakes sitting in the middle of the island, "Sweet, pancakes."

"How'd you sleep?" Katherine asked her son.

"Like a baby." He responded, pouring syrup onto a pancake. It made Jules' stomach shudder.

The front door opened and George came into the kitchen with small pieces of paper in his hand, "Is Cole awake yet?"

"Haven't seen him." Katherine responded, taking some dirty plates to the sink.

"I'm gonna yell." George warned the three of them before walking to the bottom of the stairs. Jules pressed her fingertips against her ears to conceal to loud noise, "Cole, please come down. Now!"

Somehow it was still too loud for her delicate ears and sensitive head. A few seconds later Cole, still in his pyjamas, came bounding down the stairs, "Where's the fire?"

"Sleepy Beauty, this is for you." George handed him one of the pieces of paper, then held another towards Jules, "And this one is for you."

"What is this?" Cole asked.

"It is a list of chores that we expect you two to get done today." Katherine told them.

"What? You didn't think you were gonna hang out and watch TV all day, did ya?" George grinned before heading back towards the door, "Call me if you need me."