My Duke. Albedo Part 1

A soft melody of a violin strung out between the walls of the ducal mansion.

It's a magnificent sound weaving in and out of carefully carved pillars, enchanting the ears of those who heard it.

All eyes closed to rejoiced themselves in its delightfulness.

Servants followed the sweet melody, wanting to find out its origin.

Closer and closer, they had realised that they were entering the West Wing, an area currently occupied by the Young Master.

Sitting by the window sill, the young heir strung the strings of the violin with passion, each stroke an art of its own.

Light shown against his sandy hair, illuminating an invisible halo atop his head.

Truly an angel bestowed upon this land, the servants admired, sneaking small glances through a crack in the doorway.

Just as the maids watched in awe, they became unaware of the presence behind them.

Somebody cleared their throat.

Surprised, the servants whipped their heads around, only to be met with the butler.

They all quickly bowed their heads low in respect.

He excused himself forward and knocked twice on the door.

"Young Master, it is I, the butler."

The violin stopped.

"You may come in."

Opening the door then silently closing it behind him, the butler announced.

"Young Master, I'm afraid I have come with heavy news to convey."

Albedo hardened his face.

He carefully placed down his violin.

It's not possible, right....?

The butler responded to his master's expression with a silent nod.

Albedo's face changed in a serious manner.

Straightening his inner jacket, he announced.

"Let us quickly prepare for the Duke's funeral."

And just like that, the soft tunes of the violin soon turned to silence.
.............................................................

*A decade earlier*

Hurried footsteps can be heard as a young boy ran along the corridors, cheeks flushed red.

"Father! Father! Look, I've mastered the violin!"

Young Albedo stomped his way into his father's office.

The sight he saw made his blood run cold.

There, his father was standing, face undeterred by the horrific sight of his dying wife laying at his feet.