To Court. Neuvillette

Tick Tock.

The time on the clock continued to pass by.

You look at the clock.

It had only been five hours since you had broken up with your ex-boyfriend of three years, yet the time you had spent crying over it felt like an eternity.

The skies outside mirrored your mood. All rain and dark clouds.

The memories you had spent together felt like the world to you. Yet it was only a page in a book to him.

Feeling heartbroken by the betrayal of trust, you found yourself hiding out in the home of your closest and dearest friend. Neuvillette.

Everything in his abode gave you a sense of comfort and safety. His clothes, his voice, and most importantly, his presence.

Neuvillette had been the only one you had confessed the breakup to and is kind enough to let you stay the night.

The most feared person in all of Fontaine was your one safe place.

Clutching tightly onto the blanket, Neuvillette lent you to keep warm, you mutter incoherently.

A small creak came from the door.

In came Neuvillette holding a small tray filled with a bowl of porridge and a cup of water.

He knocked softly.

"Y/N, it's been hours since you arrived. You should eat some food."

Neuvillette placed the tray on the bedside table before sitting down at the foot of the bed.

He softly reaches for your face.

"Please stop crying. It's painful to me, too."

You looked up at Neuvillette.

"I just can't get over it. We were doing so well, and he just -"

You could barely get the sentence out before bursting into tears again.

He hugged you in comfort.

"It's OK, I'm here, and you have me."

You continued to sit in silence for a while, soaking in his scent.

It felt warm.

Suddenly, Neuvillette drifted away, staring straight at your face.

"Y/N, you might find this quite insuitable, for it is such a short period after your separation, but may I suggest taking a nice stroll through the Court of Fontaine?"

You glanced back at him.

"But the weather...?"

Neuvillette wants to walk through the rain and thunder?

Neuvillette's eyes opened wide, then returned to normal.

"Ahh, that won't be a problem, do not worry."