Part 10

Today is Bellas's birthday, and Harper could not be more nervous. She doesn't know if it's because she hasn't been feeling well since she came home after substituting at Forks. She has been having a nasty headache and hot flashes. Or it could because of what Madison said the last time she saw her. Charlie and her aren't having a date. They were just having dinner as friends. Plus, he was her dad's best friend, it could never happen. Harper sighs as she lays on the couch as her dad sits in the recliner chair to her left. "Still not feeling good?"

Harper shakes her head no. "No, I think Im going to call Charlie and cancel. I don't want to get him sick."

Billy raises his eyebrow at his daughter. "Charlie? Did you have plans with him?"

Harper starts feeling sweaty. She doesn't know if it is because she is having another hot flash or because of what her father is going to think. "Yes, I wanted to go over and cook them all a meal for Bella's birthday so they wouldn't have take out." Billy nods his but doesn't say anything. Harper sighs and stands up to grab her phone. 

"Are you and Charlie a thing now?" Harper chokes on air at her dads' words.

Harper shakes her head. "No, me and Charlie? No, we aren't a thing. why would you even say that?" Harper shakes her head again. 

Billy shrugs before he starts to wheel himself into his room. "You two would be good for each other." And with that, Billy leaves before Harper could get another word in.

Harper stares at the place where her dad was in shock. Did he really think that? Harper shakes her head. She takes a deep breath as she looks through her phone and finds Charlie's  contacts. She wants to call him, and she wants to hear his voice. Harper shakes her head again and texts him instead.

Hey Charlie, I won't be able to make dinner for everyone tonight, I have gotten sick and don't want it to spread. Sorry.

Harper groans at the message. It is so awkward, but she doesn't know what else to say. She closes her eyes as she sends the message. Harper sets her phone down and goes back to the couch to lay down. She quickly gets comfortable, and it doesn't take long for her eye to close and drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~

Little Author Note: I just realize I messed up and wrote down that Bella birthday was today, please ignore it and I will fix it later when I edit the book.