Part 7

Why is Charile police car in her driveway? So much for wanting to avoid him. Harper wrings her hair in the yard before going into the house.

Right when Harper shuts the front door Billy comes out of the kitchen. "Where have you been?" Charlie isn't far behind him. Harper could see Charlie's shoulders relax after seeing her. "And why are you soaking wet? Did you go swimming?" Billy isn't mad or angry with his daughter, well he is a little mad but was mostly scared. She 23 and can do whatever she would like but it would be nice to at least have a note when she disappears at 2:30 am.

"I went for a jog," Harper looks at Billy and hesitates to look at Charlie. "And then I went for a swim? The water is nice."

Charlie scoffs making Harper look at him for the first time that night. He looked angry. "'The water is nice.' That- you cant. Ugh!" Charile puts his face in his hands and takes a breath. "You can't disappear at two thirty in the morning for two hours, and all you say is 'the water is nice!'"

Harper is trying to focus on what Charlie is saying, she really is, but he looks good mad. "I mean where the hell have you been! I-we have been worried sick! You could have gotten killed. You could have got hurt Harp."

Harper nods her head. "I know and I'm sorry. I just wanted some fresh air and then I lost track of time. I never ment to have either of you worry." Harper grabs her father's hand and looks at Charlie. "I'm sorry."

Billy nods his head. "It's okay, just leave a note next time?" Billy smiles up at his daughter.

Harper smiles back at him. "Of course."

Charlie smiles at the father and daughter duo. But he quickly frowns when he realizes how wet Harper's hair and clothes are. "You must be freezing, did you go under the water?"

Harper shyly smiles at him. "Yes, I went under. The water was cool and it felt so nice."

Billy looks confused. "Were you hot?"

Harper nods her head. "Sweating. For the pass five nights around two o'clock I have woken up with like hot flashes."

"I go get you a towel." Billy said before wheeling himself out of the room.

As she's been talking Charlie moved closer to her. "Do you feel hot now?"

Harper nods her head. "A little, not as bad as before."

Charlie frowns and lifts his hand and puts it on her forehead. Harper let's out a small sigh and closes her eyes. Harper realized what she just did and open her eyes and saw Charlie's brown ones. She could get lost in his eyes. "I like your eyes. Their really pretty." Harper could tell that he was shocked at her words by the way his eyes widened. Harper smirks at him before taking a step back. Billy comes back in the room with a towel that he hands to his daughter. "Thank you." Harper says as she takes the towel and loops it around her neck. "I see you boys later, I'm going to take a shower." Harper walks to the bathroom before anyone could say a word.