Part 2

Harper groans and rolls over on her stomach while laying in bed, one arm hugging a pillow closer to her body as her other hand reaches toward the alarm. After 2 minutes of trying to reach her alarm, she lifts her head and sees her alarm across the room. She groans again before getting out of her bed and turns off her alarm. She gets dressed and gets her car keys to a honda pilot 2001. She grabs her coat and walks out the door. Harper drives to a coffee shop and orders two coffees and two breakfast sandwiches. Then she drives to the police station. She grabs the drinks and food and goes into the police station. She smiles as she sees a man sitting at the front desk. "Hey Clark, where's Britney?"

Leo Clark looks up from his paperwork and smiles at Harper. "Hello, Harper. She's just taking a quick bathroom break. Charlie's in his office unless that coffee is for me?"

Harper chuckles as she shakes her head. "Nice to see you Clark, tell Britney hi for me." Harper sends one last smile before walking to Charlie's office. She softly knocks on his office door.

When Charlie says, "Come in," she opens the door and smiles as she walks in. Charlie looks up as the door opens and slightly scoffs when he sees Harper. "I thought we agreed that you'd stopped doing this."

Harper smiles. "Nope, I never agreed to that. Heres breakfast." She sits down in the seat across from his desk and sets his coffee and breakfast sandwich in front of him. "I got what you like."

Charlie smiles at her and takes the sandwich out of the bag. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. How has it been since Bella been back?" Harper asks before she takes a bite of her sandwich. "Her and Madi getting along?"

Charlie shrugs. "Fine." He takes a bite of his sandwich. "I mean, it's great, it's just..." Charlie trails off, trying to find the right words.

"That you're both quiet, awkward, and shy? You're both pretty clumsy, too. Madi tries to start a conversation with Bella, but it never lasts long. "

Charlie huffs at Harper's words. "No... i-im not. I'm not clumsy. Did Madi tell you? Doesn't matter, dont you have to go to work?"

Harper laughs. "Okay, I let you have clumsy," she points her finger at him. "But I stand by everything else. You both need to come out of your boxes. And i have 15 minutes to talk." She sits down her sandwich and takes a drink of her coffees. "But if you don't want me here, I can take back the coffee and the food-"

"No." Charlie shakes his head and picks up his coffee, bringing it closer to him. "Don't take the coffee."

Harper chuckles at him. "Oh! Speaking of work next week or the week after that, I don't know, I would have to look." Charlie chuckles at Harper's forgetfulness. "Either way, I have an opportunity to shadow a teacher at Forks High when him and his class are taking a field trip."

Charlie looks up at her and nods. "That's exciting. Maybe you'll see Bella. I know she has a field trip this next week."

"Maybe! And if the trip goes well, I can shadow his class for the next 2 months, and if that goes well, I can become a substitute teacher at Forks."

"Really? I always wondered why Forks High School. Why not the school on the reservation?" Charlie questions as he throws away the wrappers

Harper shrugs. "I never really liked the reservation school. The kids, teachers, and staff aren't really my cup of tea, and I have been liking the people in Forks a lot better. Plus then, I wouldn't be teaching my little brother and all his friends. Then, i can teach Madi and give her detention whenever I feel like it." Charlie chuckles and shakes his head. He opens his mouth to talk, but Harper looks at the clock and stands up. "I got to go, I'll see you later, Charlie." And she's out the door before Charlie can say goodbye.