Chapter 16

The last bell rang for the day. Now it's officially spring break. Fuck. I have to go back home. I'm just being dramatic right?

I walk to my dorm, and get a text from my mother.
Mother- We will be there in 3 hours to pick you up!
Me- Okay, be safe.

Now I start packing. I get my clothes, hygiene, and basically everything, then I zip up my suitcase. Then someone walks in, and I instantly know who it is when I hear heels clack.

"Darling? Why are you packing up? Oh never-mind, I forgot that it's spring break now." She said making us both slightly laugh. Unfortunately it is spring break Larissa. Ugh.

"Well are you excited to be seeing your family darling?" She said sitting down on my bed.
"For the sake of this conversation, yes I'm excited to see them." I say chuckling, trying to mask the anger and resentment I have towards my family.

"Darling? Come on talk to me. Why don't you want to see them?" She said grabbing my hand gently.
"It's not worth talking about. They aren't physically abusive towards me but well, I don't know how to explain it. And I honestly don't want to, sorry."

"Oh don't apologize. But you can text me anytime you want okay?"
"Okay, thanks. Are you going to see your family?"
"No, I guess I'm kind of like you, I cut my family out of my life. So I guess I will just be relaxing in my bed and texting you all spring break." She said gently smiling.

Suddenly my phone dinged, and my mother was here. Okay, I got this, right?

"She's here. I gotta go." I say giving Larissa a big and tight hug, not ever wanting to let go of her warm embrace. I started to pull away from the hug but she pulled me tight back in her arms and whispered "You've got this, and I'm always going to be there. Always."

Then we said our final goodbyes. And I grabbed my bags, and I went out to my mothers car, waiting at the school entrance. I got out my bags in, then I got in the car.

Time skip to when we all got home.
I walk in and our three dogs immediately greet me, jumping and licking me. Me my mother and her boyfriend talk then I go to my bedroom. And it's just like it was when I left, as soon as I walk in my bedroom, I close my door and I get my tv ready to play music.

I unpack and and get settled in my bed, when I get a text from Larissa.

Larissa- Are you there yet?

Me- Yep, just unpacking.

Larissa-Oh, you should find something I slipped in your bag while you weren't looking. I thought that it would remind you of me since you're away dear.

I raise my eyebrow suspiciously, like she can see it, then, I quickly start looking through the rest of my stuff, finding one of her sacred items. One of her large t-shirts, its sacred because she always dresses nice for the public. I smell a vanilla scent, and I smell the shirt. She sprayed some of her perfume on it for me. My heart nearly stopped out of love.

Me-Larissa, thank you so much, I'm cuddling up to this tonight. I miss you so much.

Larissa- Good, I thought you'd need it. I miss feeling you to already dear.

I loved her message, then went out the room, and down the hallway to get a snack. Running down stairs to get a snack, running into my mom.

"You know, I don't like that you're so close to all your teachers. Always posting them and giving them affection. And I cant even get a fucking hug out of you."She says out of nowhere looking at me coldly, just out of hate.

"I mean I've jus-"
"Stop fucking talking back. I am your fucking mother! THEY AREN'T!"
I look down, fighting the tears from falling out. They sure give me love that you haven't truly gave me,  they might not have put a roof over my head, fed me, ect. But they have held me while i cried talking about how you treat me. They have provided care and love and I value that much more.

"Im just trying to s-"
"Stop always to argue. Im so fucking tired off you." She snarls out hatefully. Brings back the memory of living here. Then a few tears fall down my cheeks, why did I come back? I'm so tired of trying.

"I-I'm sorry..." My voice barely a whisper as I wipe the tears down my face.
"Speak up!! Are you really going to cry!? You have to learn to deal with things! Get over it!"

Suddenly, my expression grows emotionless, I'm not dealing with this after dealing with it my whole life when I don't have too.
"Goodbye mom. I didn't have to come, but I thought maybe you would want to mend our relationship a little. It's always been like you love me but fucking hate me. It's so confusing, and you act like the victim! An-"

"STOP RUNNING YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!"
She angrily yells out at me, my right side of my face twitches in anger as my fists clench and my eyes are cold.

"Im defending myself because I'm not a helpless 15 year old anymore. I'm done. Congrats running your other daughter off too."I say walking off, I have a choice of I want to deal with this now.

"Get back here. Now. Or we'll never speak again." She snarls out.
"Good that was my plan anyway!" I say coldly as I run to the room I'm in, pick up my phone and text my friend to see if I can stay there and she says yes. I pack my stuff quickly and leave out my window. I don't want to see my mom again.

I dust myself off and start walking, since I know her address, and it's only 15 minutes away. My friend offered to come get me, but I said no, I needed to think.

So I start walking to her address.