Chapter 8

I woke up confused because arms were around me, then remembering that it was Larissa, I smiled. I slowly got out of her grasp without waking her up and checked my phone to see what time it was because through her curtains, it still looked dark. Yeah it was only 1:00am. I decided to just go ahead and go to my dorm right now. I got up out of bed and walked slowly and lightly to her office, my dumb self held my breath, thinking it would make my steps any lighter. I went up to her desk and grabbed a sticky note and pen and wrote her a message on it.

Dear Larissa,
I have already went back to my dorm, I woke up at 1:00am and decided to just go ahead and go so I wouldn't have to sneak around students when everyone got up. Thank you for letting me stay.
Love,
Y/n

I walked back into the room that my dear Larissa stayed in and as quietly as possible walked over and put it on her nightstand.  I grabbed everything I had in there that I needed and walked back out to her office closing her door and walking out of her office.

I got to my dorm and opened the door to see Enid fast asleep but Wednesday on her typewriter. Wednesday immediately interrogated me.

"With your secret girlfriend I suppose?" She bluntly said.
"Haha yeah."
"I heard about what happened with Mr.Turner, I wish I would've been there sooner because no one will hurt my friends. I always have a few knives up my sleeves. He would be bleeding out if I got to him." Wednesday said with little expression.
"Wait, you just called us your friends?" I quietly but excitedly said knowing that Wednesday just called us her friends.

"Don't mention it or your end up in the grave." She said coldly.
"Haha okay I won't Wednesday and hey your a great friend too, I would kill somebody for you and Enid too. But aside from that, I know you are investigating the murders in the forest, correct?" I asked her
"Yes, I have figured out it's a monster called a Hyde." Wednesday asked me.
"We'll I just wanted to ask, since everyone is asleep, so you wanna sneak out and go into the forest to investigate?" I was scared that she would say yes but excited, I guess you can call me a risk taker.

"I would like that very much y/n, no one seems interested in investigating to find the monster, they all say that's it's too dangerous. Cowards." She smirked slightly.
"I'm not afraid of danger. Instead it excites me. If you would like, you could let me join in on the investigation?" I confidently asked.
"Yes, y/n, finally someone who isn't scared and is interested in it." She slightly smiled. I quickly put some different clothes on and we both walked out of our dorm and through the quad and to the doors to exit. Of course they were locked.

"Hold on Wednesday." I grabbed my bobby pin and unlocked the lock with ease. Never thought that skill would be useful. Wednesday just said "hmm, nicely done." She spoke as we both walked out of the doors and outside.

We walked further and further in the forest. I wanted to make small talk with Wednesday but I understand that she prefers to stay quiet. As we went deeper in the forest, I felt something odd. I can't explain it, I think we were being watched.

As we get deeper and deeper, in the gloomy, dark forest, we both feel a cold breeze harshly hit us. Suddenly, I hear something moving. I nudge Wednesdays arm.

"Someone is here Wednesday. Or something." I whisper and she just nodds and signaled us to go the other way, away from the noise. We start walking the other way until, I hear big footsteps behind us then a large growl. Since it was still dark, I couldn't completely see it, but it was huge the eyes bulging out of its head, withdrawal, dripping down from its mouth, just looking at me and Wednesday.

It launched towards Wednesday and I jumped in front of her, pushing her out of the way. Suddenly it slammed me down on the ground, then I felt it's claws in my torso. I couldn't think straight, am I about to die?

I could feel it's claws get deeper, it repeated it's action, until my mind finally straightened up I brought my hand up and made the creature catch on fire, it jumped off of of me, trying to put out the fire then the Hyde suddenly ran towards the lake.

All I can do is just lay there, while warm fresh tears continue to stain my cheeks. Wednesday kneeled down beside me, looking at my stomach. I can't even lift my head up to see my stomach because of the pain that I am in.

"Wedn-wed-wednesday..." I whispered between my sobs.

"Shhhh, y/n. We need to get you to the infirmary, he almost gutted you, I need to quit the bleeding somehow..." she trailed off and I see her grab the snood Enid got her.

"This snood should help some of the bleeding."
I just replied "mhm" as she lightly pressed the snood on my wound.
"Y/n can you stand up?" Wednesday asked and I just whispered "n-no"
She gently put her arms under me and picked me up bridal style and walking with me in her arms back to the school.

"Wednesday you can't carry me all the way back, let me try to walk." I barley just above a whisper spoke to her.
"Y/n you just risked you life to save me. This is the least I can do, you're not even heavy. Once we get there, I'm taking you to the infirmary."
She said in her usual monotone voice.
"No don't take me to the infirmary, then principal weems will know we were out." I responded.
"Y/n you will die if I don't, I can stitch you up but it will hurt worse because I don't have anything to numb the pain."
"I'm fine with that, but do you know what your doing Wednesday?"
"Yes y/n you can trust me, I will get you stitched up in no time. I'm no doctor but I do know how to do it. And the infirmary probably isn't even open, I didn't think of that."

We got to the school and Wednesday was still carrying me, up the stairs and when we got to our hallway, she was making sure to be extremely quiet because our dorm is extremely close to Principal Weems.

We made it to our dorm and Wednesday laid me on her bed flat, she turned on the lights not caring if she woke Enid up and started gathering supplies to give me stitches. Enid woke up yawning. "Turn the lights offffffff." She said under her blanket and when she seen that the lights weren't off she flung the blanket off her head and got out of bed, ready to give us both a lecture until she saw me.
"Y/N oh my god what happened we need to get you to the hospital!" Enid said still with her sleepy voice.

"She got attacked by the Hyde, im going to be the one stitching her up, yes I know what im doing before you ask, don't say a word to Principal Weems about this because we don't want Principal Weems knowing we snuck off at 1:30 in the morning. Okay Enid?" Wednesday said sharply still grabbing supplies to put me in more pain so I could get better.
"Ok gotcha." Enid said still standing there lookin at my stomach terrified as she just started to fully wake up.

"And you might wanna hold y/n hand Enid because this is gonna hurt." Wednesday added to her sentence. I soon reached for Enids hand to grasp and she sat down beside me holding my hand. Wednesday finally sitting down and getting ready to stitch me up. Wednesday asked "Y/n are you ready?" And I just nodded.
That's when I felt her clean my huge wound and start to stitch it up. God this hurts so bad, I think I nearly squeezed Enids hand off.

When it was finally done, Wednesday told me " OK be careful moving because you don't wanna pop the stitches out. I'm glad you're ok y/n."
"Thank you Wednesday for stitching me up and I'm sorry for almost squeezing your hand off Enid."

We all said we wouldn't tell Principal Weems anything about me being attacked but it would be hard for me to hide it, every day, all day, the pain and trying not to rip the stitches. Oh well I guess, I will figure it out. Well I still have school in a couple of hours since it's only 3:30am. I probably will miss today because I need one good day to heal, I think. Oh well I'll figure it out when I wake up. After all that we slowly drifted off to sleep that one more hour, well they did. I hardly can stand the pain from my stomach though, that damn Hyde got me good.

Well I guess we'll see how hiding this goes soon, won't we?

Heyy go check out my other Larissa X fem reader story if you like this one!