23

Jynx felt herself floating, her body was weightless as she watched the world grow smaller beneath her. She reached for the ground, hoping to pull herself back to the earth but instead her hands filled with thick fabric. She found herself bundled in thick sheets, dangling from a tall tree. She clawed at the thick threads, hoping to soon free herself from the confines of whatever held her captive. Her heart pounded fiercely in her chest, fear crept up her spine.

A deep grunt sounded as she tore through the barrier around her and hands crept in and held her close, pulling her for the sheet and holding her tightly against a body. Her name thrummed in her ears, falling lovingly from a tongue she knew well. She flailed, attempting to follow the voice and separate herself from her assailant. The hands tightened and the voice grew louder. She felt herself screaming, her chest heaving, but there was no sound. The silence was reminiscent of her visions. She screamed once more, willing her voice to break the space but instead her lips were locked with another. The kiss pulled her from the depths of her dreams and Severus separated from her, his brows pulled together.

She was stretched across his arms, held closely to his chest. He was standing in her room, as if to put her to bed, "Are you alright?"

She saw the scratches on his neck, where she had torn through the fabric in her dream. Three thick red gashes ran just under his chin, "I'm sorry," she muttered. She kissed his wounds, earning a soft throaty moan in return.

She stretched her legs, reaching for the ground and he gently obliged. Her head was still fuzzy from the drinks and sleep would gladly take her back but she found herself wrapping her arms around his neck, curling her fingers into the ends of his hair.

Her feet carried them backward toward the bed, pulling Severus in their wake. She felt him stiffen against her, falling into her body as they landed on the bed. The glow of moonlight smothered the shining specks of dust that launched into the air and Jynx found herself buried in the black cloak that enveloped them. Severus placed his hand on her face, the pad of his thumb grazing her bottom lip, "You beautiful thing you," he whispered before digging his teeth into the soft skin of her neck.

The room twirled slightly but didn't spin, much like a top that failed to make a full rotation. The chill in the air was stifled by the heat between them. Her mind was singularly focused as she let him take her, truly and madly. His hands were ravenous, digging into her hips. She was sure bruises would be left in the shape of him and she would be glad to bare them.

Each thrust was followed by a moan or growl from Severus, his lips traced the curves of her neck and her back arched, taking him deeper. Everything was intensified, every kiss, every thrust, every tingle and every tight grasp.

The books on the nightstand toppled to the floor as Severus scooped Jynx into his arms, her legs wrapped around his waist and her nails trailed up his back, leaving welts in their wake.

"I love you," Severus whispered in her ear, his breathing raspy.

Jynx's body tensed and the pleasure flooded her every sense, her body locked around his before he collapsed back onto the bed and his own orgasm erupted.

She propped her elbows up on his chest, moving the stray strands of raven hair from his face. A sheen of sweat covered them both but Severus pulled the duvet around them and held her tightly, "I lo-,"

"What was that?"

"Nothing, just clearing my throat."

The words nearly escaped before she swallowed them. There were no truer words in the moment, but this was not the time.

The veil of sleep did not return, instead Jynx laid in the quiet listening to Severus' soft breathing and watching the shadows shift across the bare walls. Her thoughts were scattered leaves in a dense forest, the wind blew them from one place to the next. When the sun began to creep through the window she pulled herself from his arms and made her way into the house.