Every King Needs a Queen

Chapter One

Lavonte "King" Jones .

"I ain't a killa but don't push me. Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin' pussy!" Tupac blasted through my car speakers. Tupac was the shit for real, dead or alive. He's a legend.

I was on my way to a drop. I gotta get it any way I knows how and I'ma get mine. You feel me?

I pulled up to the warehouse, and grabbed my glock and headed inside, ready for anything. I mean, in the life I live you have to be. Unless you wanna be eaten alive. I looked around at all the cars, and realized that my team was already here.

Good. I thought. We never went into any deals alone, because niggas like to try to play mufuckas, and kill 'em and take everything a person has to offer. The life I live is deadly and ruthless.

"Finally you're here, my friend," Alejandro said.

He was one of the dudes I made the trades with, but I don't really trust 'em; I never have. I'm only doing this shit with him for the money, so I could take care of my family. I could sense the phoniness from that dude since the first day we met. That's why me and my goons ready for anything coming our way. Ain't no friends in the life I live, that shit is all make believe.

"Let's just get on with this shit," I said, eyeing the bags of cocaine lying on the floor between the both of us. Each bag was a pound worth of coke.

He held his hand out for the money. He wanted $26,000 for each pound, and I wasn't trippin', because business is business.

I snapped my fingers and Tyrone handed me the money. I handed it over to Alejandro and I knew something was about to happen so I held on to my burner.

Alejandro threw the money to one of his boys and they put it in a duffel bag. He reached his hand out and slid the cocaine towards me. I went to grab for it and as soon as I did him and all his goons had their guns out and they was firing at us.

I ducked and dived, trying not to get hit. I mean, I wasn't scared because shit I been shot before. I just wasn't tryna be in the hospital. Fucking hate that place like foreal. That's where moms was when she got sick, and my bitch ass daddy was like he was gone be back to help us out. Nigga ain't ever come back. Fuckin' coward.

All my goons took out they weapons, and started shooting too. I grabbed my glock and was about to shoot Alejandro when he looked at me with this wicked smile plastered on his face.

"Say goodbye," he said. I couldn't help but laugh. This dude must not know, you can't fuck with a real nigga.

I been doing this shit since I was fifteen. This dude was a straight noob to the drug game, that I learned to play so well. Like Pac said "Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin' pussy." And best believe ole dude was gone get his.

I mouth the word 'Shoot' as I continued to laugh. He looked at me confused and he shot. POW, POW, POW.

The bullets seem to come at me so fast, like a running cheetah. I was ready for what was about to happen though. I just stood there fearless as I awaited the bullets going through my skin.

"Ahhhh," I screamed. I'll probably never get used to the pain. It's like you don't really feel much from it at first and then out of no where this sharp pain seeps in. I held my bloody arm, and started feeling dizzy, indicating that I was losing too much blood too fast.