8.

Chapter 8: Blood, is Thicker Than Water

continued...

At the same time as the man pulled the trigger, Issac ran into him. Roughing him up, they collided into the nearby wall, with a great thump! The fight was on. Bashar jumped up to help Issac, they both punched and kicked the culprit covered in all black. Grunting as cursing could be heard, as the two best friends stomped the man out. Cari, with a shorty on his arm, heard the commotion. He stopped in his tracks, with his drink slightly tilting forward. Far enough that some of the contents dropped on the floor.

"Go back." He ordered, listening closely. The woman nodded, turning back to head the opposite direction. Cari made sure she was gone before turning back, he placed his red cup on a nearby table. He drew his hand back down to pull the glock from his waist. He walked further down, until he reached the corner. Cari turned to the right to see his friends jumping someone.

"Yo what's going on?" He asked, his eyes dilated. Cari knew they couldn't be stopping out the man for no reason.

Bashar and Issac huffed before giving the gunman one last stop. The man grunted in grave pain. Bashar snatched up the gun, and they both backed out of breath.

"Yo!" Cari said again, bewildered that neither Issac nor Bashar was answering him.

"I thought I told you to have this place on lockdown?" Bashar asked, irritatingly, ignoring Cari's unanswered question.

"I did! But I need you to give me the run down on why y'all just scooby dooed jump this nigga! Fuck is up?" Bashar sighed, shaking his head.

"Apparently you didn't or else this fool wouldn't have tried to blow Isaac's brian's out! We up here talking and we getting ready head back out and when Isaac opened that door, this ninja warrior got a gun pulled!" Bashar explained, fussing. "How the fuck did he get in!" Bashar yelled.

Benji came into view with his jaw dropped. "What-" Unable to finish his sentence Issac faintly dropped in the floor. He held on to his chest, Bashar, Cari, and Benji quickly rushed to him.

"Talk, where you hit?" Bashar asked, trying to get his shirt off. Isaac gasped unable to fathom a sentence. His hands motioning toward his chest. Bashar took his hands gripping the silk fabric, ripping it down the middle. Blood leaked from the hole in his chest.

"Oh fuck!" Cari, said pulling his phone from his pocket.

"Nah, Cari, you go down and tell everyone this shit over, Benji call 911. I'll get some towels!" Cari hesitated for a moment, confused at the sudden change in the route.

"Go head bro, I got it!" Benji rushed, pulling out his phone. Cari smacked his lips dashing back down the hall.

Bashar came back with loads of towels he found to aid the bleeding. "You 'gon be alright bruh. Just hold on." Bashar encouraged, applying pressure. Issac hollered, his eyes scrunched tightly.

"Ahh!" He held onto Bashar's hand.

"I know. We gotta keep pressure on this shit." Isaac sulked in a deep breath. He began coughing, blood spurting from his mouth.

"Fuck! Yo where is the cops and shit man!" Bashar panicked, looking back at Benji. Benji paced back and forth, frantically.

"Yo, y'all need to hurry the fuck up! He spitting up blood!" Benji yelled into the phone. He looked back over at Isaac and he continued to cough, but his eyes were slowly closing.

"Uh-uh, Zay, you gotta keep yo eyes open." Bashar coached, pulled Isaac into his lap. He fixated his head so that it was lying on his chest, and he didn't choke. Benji bent over with the phone tucked between his ear and shoulder.

"Fifteen minutes! We can't wait that long, he bleeding out!" Benji yelled, putting a towel underneath Isaac's chin, so he could empty the contents on that.

Isaac's head leaned off to the side. Bashar patted his cheek, over and over. "Gotta stay awake!" Bashar croaked, rocking them from side to side. Isaac slowly nodded his head, that he heard him. But was hard when his body was fighting against him. Bashar didn't see if the bullet had gone through or not. It was dangerous that he had moved him but he wanted to make sure Isaac didn't aspirate on his blood.

"No, open. You doing food brodie's they five minutes out! They coming!" Benji said, patting his cheek. Isaac smiled weakly, his teeth and gums covered in red.

Cari came back at full speed. "How's he doing?" He asked, out of breath.

"Is everybody out?" Bashar asked, quietly. Cari furrowed his eyebrows, conflicted.

"Yo what's the word? You seem to be hot at me for some shit I made sure of." Bashar scoffed.

"You did a really good fucking job of that." Bashar argued back, shaking his head.

"So you saying this shit my fault!?" Cari asked, his voice echoing in the hallway. Bashar didn't say anything.

"Isaac, keep them eyes open." Bashar confined, patting his cheek, but he wasn't moving. "Isaac." He shook. Benji looked up, Isaac's eyes were slightly ajar, his mouth agape.

"Yo!" Benji said, shaking his shoulders. Nothing.

"Evening, paramedics!" A voice shouted from down the hall.

"Down here!" Benji hollered back, jumping up to reveal their location. Three paramedics rushed through with a gurney.

They asked questions to learn the situation and the status of what was going on. They needed room to  give Isaac CPR. Bashar, Cari, and Benji watched. Nothing seemed to be working. Their body language was observed, a few bombastic side eyes but the paramedics never gave up.

"I'm sorry-" One of the men said, kneeling. He looked back at Bashar who had pulled his own gun on him.

"Keep going! Y'all not trying hard enough." Cari and Benji's eyes dilated.

"Bashar..." Benji said, slowly.

"Shut, the fuck up." Bashar growled, glaring at him. Benji put his hands up. He understood his frustration but at the same time, this wasn't the way. They would have to think of a way to pay these men for not snitching that they were held a gun point. They knew how white supremacy worked.