The Seven Champions

Elijah heard the name. It echoed in his brain. Harry Potter. 

If he didn't put his name in the Goblet and Harry didn't put his name in the Goblet it meant someone wanted their names in there. Why? Surely there was no guarantee they would both be selected. There was no way for anyone to be able to plan that, was there? His mind was in overdrive, ticking over and over to try and think of all possible outcomes. 

He felt a hand land on his shoulder, making him jump back to reality, turning to see Cedric beside him. Behind the Hufflepuff all the other champions were around a roaring fire making small talk. 

"I thought you weren't entering? When did you sneak away to put your name in?" he asked with a smug grin.

He didn't know who he could trust right now, he wasn't about to start announcing that he didn't submit his name to anyone and everyone. "Change of heart, but I didn't think it would matter.. I didn't think I'd be picked." he shrugged forcing a smile.

"Elijah!" Emiliya called happily, waving them over. 

The chamber door opened to reveal a very anxious looking Harry. All the other champions looked at one another seemingly confused by the appearance of a younger student. But there was no time to discuss as his brother was swiftly followed by the scattering of footsteps of Ludo Bagman.

"Extraordinary!" Bagman muttered, guiding Harry over to the other champions by his arm. "Absolutely incredible. Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce - though it may seem unbelievable - our seventh champion!"

Harry looked like a rabbit that had been caught in a trap, so small and vulnerable. Elijah wished he could pull him out of the room for a few minutes and tell him it would be ok.. Even if he didn't believe it himself. How could this happen? How could he protect his brother in the tasks?

Fluer and Théa looked at each other and giggled. "Vairy funny." They both said in unison. 

"Is this some kind of joke?" Emiliya asked, looking at Harry as if he were a piece of meat.

"A joke?" Bagman repeated, "No, no. Harry's name just came out of the Goblet of Fire!"

"But evidently zair 'as been a mistake," Fleur argued, "'E cannot compete. 'E is too young."

"Well.. It's amazing but.." Bagman paused to contemplate his words, "... Well... The age restriction was only put in this year. His name came out of the Goblet, I don't think there is any turning back at this stage. It's-"

"A magical binding contract." Elijah finished, locking eyes with Harry. "Mr Bagman do you mind if I-"

Before he could ask to talk with Harry, the chamber door swung open, and in followed a large group of people: Professor Dumbledore, Mr Crouch, Professor Karkaroff, Madame Maxime, Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape.

"Madam Maxime." Théa hurried, striding over to her Headmistress, ""Zey are saying zat sis little boy is to compete also!"

Madam Maxime drew herself upright, to her full and considerable height. Puffing out her chest as she tried to compose herself.

"What is ze meaning of zis, Dumbley-dorr?" she asked imperiously.

"I'd rather like to know that myself, Dumbledore." he was wearing the same steely smile that seemed to be the only one he knew, his eyes remained cold and icy. "Hogwarts has three champions? I don't remember anyone telling me that the host school gets an extra contestant - or have I not read the rules carefully enough?" he scoffed. "We were also under the impression that there was an age restriction, protected by an age line. Otherwise, we would, of course, brought a wider selection of candidates from our own schools."