All Things Merry & Bright

With the castle practically empty, Elijah and the two sets of twins had pretty much had free passes to the whole castle. The boy even got the other few students who stayed in the castle to join them all on the quidditch pitch for a friendly game on Christmas Eve, teaching some of the first years some tricks for their tryouts next year. There wasn't many students who stayed behind, but he didn't want anyone to feel left out, especially the first years, he remembered how scared he was in his first year when he stayed behind for the holidays.

The Weasley twins had spent Christmas Eve in the Slytherin common room since the only Slytherins at the school currently was Elijah, Jay and Alix. All of them stayed up playing games, and eating far too much sugar.

"We've been meaning to ask, did you work out our other present to you for your birthday?" Fred asked Elijah.

"The folded parchment? I tried, it insulted me." he chuckled, pulling it out of his bag.

Fred and George laughed, shaking their heads. "You have to tap it and say 'I solemnly swear I'm up to no good'" Fred demonstrated, all five of them watching as the once plain parchment was now a full map of the castle and everyone in it.

"Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present the Marauder's Map." Jay read over Elijahs shoulder.

"We owe them so much." George said.

"Hang on this is Hogwarts." Alix muttered, "And that's Dumbledore." she added, pointing to the name.

"Yup. Pacing in his study. He does that a lot." Fred hummed, looking proud of himself.

"So it shows you everyone?" Jay asked.

"Everyone."

"Where they are."

"What they are doing."

"Every minute."

"Of everyday."

The two redheaded twins grinned, looking up at Elijah.

"So what do you think?" Fred asked.

Elijah had let the others talk amongst themselves about it, he listened in but he was mostly amused by the fact that his father and his friends had actually made this and none of his friends had the slightest clue.

"It's brilliant.. Where did you get it?" he asked.

"Nicked it from Filch's office, of course, first year." George beamed.

"Well shit.. And you gifted it to me? Why?"

"Well, we figured you'd get more use out of it now that you have a boyfriend." Fred smiled.

"And because you have a serial killer potentially after you." George added with a shrug.

Elijah chuckled at Georges comment, shaking his head. "Thanks. I promise to use it for sneaking around and causing mischief."

"That's all we ask." Fred laughed.

"And remember when you are done, just give it a tap and say 'Mischief Managed'." George told him, demonstrating again and they all watched as the ink vanished.

The boy grinned, tucking it back into his bag for safe keeping. It would definitely help him with all the sneaking around he was currently doing back and forth from the Shrieking Shack.

The next morning they all woke up in the common room, having passed out the night before, probably a sugar crash.

"How long have you two been awake?" Elijah asked the Weasleys who were already in their sweaters from their mum.