Goddess of dawn

2000

"Lucifer wanted to see me here," said the woman, whose hands and feet were bound with chains, looking at Cassius with hatred.

"I know," Cassius said, ignoring the woman's hateful gaze. He, too, hated Aurora with all his heart for millions of years.

"Where is my son?"

"Louis is not here. He left Hell," Cassius continued, laughing at the woman's shocked expression, "and entrusted his throne and name to me."

"No," the goddess muttered, trying to back away. "Louis won't leave me."

Cassius laughed this time.

"Louis abandoned me and his home, I don't think he'll care about you."

"I am his mother," said the goddess, "he loves me."

"Oh right!" said Cassius, laughing. "Tell me, how many million years ago did you last meet?"

"Louis is angry with me, yes, but he will forgive me."

"Louis is a forgiving man," Cassius said, nodding. "But he only gives second chances to those who deserve them."

This speech attracted the goddess's attention. She had known Cassius for a long time. Cassius was the devil tasked with torturing her for thousands of years. If there was one thing she had learned about this demon after all this time, it was that Cassius valued honesty.

"What should I do?" the woman asked.

"Louis went to earth for an angel," Cassius said, sitting on Louis' throne. "He seems to have fallen in love with that angel," he continued, taking a deep breath and trying to suppress the disgust in his voice, "but he has to come back here. Hell needs him. And even though I hate you, you are the most powerful person in hell. I don't think you'll have any trouble bringing Louis to hell."

"Which angel are we talking about?"

"Harry," said Cassius. "Harry Styles. One of the young angels."

"Does he know who Louis really is?"

"No," said Cassius. "He thinks Louis is a fallen archangel."

The woman smiled for the first time since she stepped into the room. All she had to do was tell the truth. This was enough to make the young angel run away.

🔥💫

"I told you I was scared," the angel said, covering his face with the pillow. "But you didn't listen to me."

"Why are you afraid? You are an angel, a soldier of God." Even though Louis started talking jokingly, the looks he saw when he looked into Harry's eyes made him realize how serious Harry was. "Are you really afraid?"

Harry nodded in agreement.

"How can a horror movie scare you?" asked Louis, finding it strange that an angel should be afraid. "There is nothing that can scare you. We know that there is no such thing as ghosts. People cannot cast spells on us. There are no zombies or vampires anyway. Aliens don't bother with us either. What is left that has the potential to scare us?"

"There are demons," Harry whispered. "I'm afraid of demons. I'm afraid of Lucifer."

"I'm a demon too," Louis said, skillfully masking the disappointment in his voice.

"Of course I'm not afraid of you, Louis!" Harry threw his pillow on the floor as if to prove his words. He pulled Louis closer and connected his lips with the demon's lips. "I love you," said Harry. "But that doesn't stop me from being afraid of others. They're not like you, Louis. You're different from everyone else, and that's why I love you."

"Convincing enough," Louis said, smiling. "You are forgiven."

"But I didn't forgive you. I won't be able to sleep tonight because of you."

"Oh, but did you know that demons love to haunt angels in the dark of night?"

"Louis!" Harry picked up the pillow he had just dropped on the floor and threw it to Louis. "Do you like scaring me?"

"I'm just stating the facts," Louis said, laughing, "for general knowledge."

"That's enough," said Harry sullenly. "Tonight, while I sleep, you will be my guard, waiting at the door of the room, Tomlinson."

"If you're so scared," Louis said, making Harry lie down with his head on Louis' knee, "you can sleep with me tonight."

"What?" He had never even thought of such a thing before.

"We can sleep together," Louis repeated.

"If it doesn't bother you, of course."

"We're just going to sleep?" Harry asked as if to make sure.

"You know I wouldn't do anything to disturb you," Louis said, playing with the angel's hair.

"I know," said the angel. "And I would like to sleep with you."

Louis was glad Harry couldn't see him right now. If the angel was looking at him right now, he could see how excited and happy Louis was.

"You said you were close to Lucifer," said Harry, he sounded worried "What was he like?" Harry had been curious about Lucifer since his childhood. Lucifer and Louis... They were both quite famous in heaven, and both were great mysteries.

"He was one of the seraphim angels," Louis said after a long pause. "You know the seraphims they burn with the love of God."

"I know," said Harry. "The heavenly beings who are closest to God. They surround the throne of God and praise him."

"Yes," agreed Louis. "God created the Light bringer, the Son of the Morning, to be the leader of the angels in heaven and the guardian of God's throne. He placed him above all other creatures. Lucifer had only one flaw: he was so proud that he was almost in love with himself. Then God commanded. God wanted the angels to prostrate before a man. I couldn't. I mean, Lucifer couldn't," Louis corrected in panic. Luckily Harry didn't notice this. "Lucifer's pride blinded him. He became jealous of people, refused to bow down, and was expelled from heaven."

"Is that really why he was kicked out? But it's unfair!"

"Harry!" Louis said, trying to keep his voice stern, but he couldn't help but laugh. "Do you want to kicked out of heaven too?"

"What happened then?"

"He became the king of hell. He formed an army of demons and began to rule the city of pain."

"Where are you in this story?"

"What?"

"How did you meet Lucifer," asked Harry with a sigh.

"Oh we met when we were kids. When we were just normal angels."

Even though thousands of questions formed in his mind, the angel did not ask any of them. Louis didn't seem to want to explain why he was kicked out of heaven, Harry had no intention of pushing him right now. The angel didn't understand how Louis was still close to Lucifer. Louis was only promoted to archangel. However, Lucifer was a seraphim, above all other angels. Seraphim angels didn't even communicate with other angels. Harry had never encountered a seraphim before.

However, Harry put all these questions aside for now. While Louis caressed his hair with delicate touches, he wanted to focus only on these touches.

While writing this chapter, I created Lucifer and Aurora by reading a few articles written by Muslims, Christians and Jews. Then I read some mythology stories. In the end I added somethings from my own imagination. There may be things that do not fit any religions so please do not take what I wrote seriously.

I would like to remind you again that I respect all religions.

Thank you for reading <33