6 - The Prologue Adjourned

~~~~~

Your group arrived back at school and went straight to Crowley's office. Resulting the urge to bang on the door, you knocked gently. "Come in!" A muffled voice shouted from inside. You slowly opened the door, the creaking of it being enough to drive you insane echoed through the room.

Crowley blinked at the group owlishly as you entered. "Headmage, we got the stone." Deuce spoke up. The bird man launched himself backwards into his seat. "Pardon?! You're telling me you actually to the Dwarfs' mine in search of a magestone?" He questioned in a daze.

"Uh... yes?" The group stared at him in confusion.

"I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it." He said, almost looking impressed. "And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone!"

"And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents..." He mumbled, receiving an astounded look from the group and an eye twitch from you. You couldn't believe it. This man sent a group of teenagers to a life-threatening mission while he was relaxing in his office drinking coffee!

"Are you serious?! While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!" Grim yelled with anger brewing up.

Crowley tilted his head. "Monster...?"

"Yeah, there was a monster all right. A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!" Ace answered the dumbfounded bird. Crowley put a hand on his chin. "Would you kindly relate to this story in full?" He asked.

You took turns in explaining the story to the headmage. "Hmmm... so a mysterious monster was living in the mines. And the five of you worked together to destroy it, and brought its magestone back to me?" Crowley summarised your story for confirmation.

"I don't know that I'd call it 'working together'..." Ace rubbed the back of his head.

"It was more like we just happened to share the same goal at the same time..." Deuce folded his arms.

Yuu tilted his head as a smile crept up his face. "I feel like they'll be a good duo." He whispered to you. You chuckled, "I know." Yuu hoped that one day, you and him could be a perfect duo. He didn't want to lose you, someone he cared about. Not again.

"Oh gracious... ohhhh... ohhhhhhhhhh!" Crowley burst into tears. You immediately jumped back at the sudden reaction. Just what is with this guy?!

"What is this guy's deal?! Burstin' into tears in public?! At his age?!" Grim flung himself onto you while staring at Crowley with wide eyes.

"In all the decades I've worked at this school..." Crowley mumbled, "the day has finally come when the students of Night Raven college have joined hands together to defeat a common foe!"

Deuce made a sound of disgust. "Whoa! No! No way would I join hands with that guy!" Yuu nodded rapidly. Ace rolled his eyes, "Okay, one, there was no joining of hands. Gross. And two, exactly HOW old are you, headmage?" He grimaced while asking the last question.

Crowley completely ignored him. "At this moment, i am moved beyond words. This incident has proven my hopes were justified." He looked at you. "Y/n, my doubts are allayed! For you.. you posses the talents of a beast master!" He exclaimed.